How NOT to get hit by cagers

GoldenMotor.com

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
yes just make sure you have a safe distance from you and the curb otherwise you will be a smashed ankle etc. thats why i keep enough distance bewteen me and the curb dont let the car push you in to that area! OR JUST USES 2DOOR ADVISE! later the Willi

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I guess just don't open the gap for them or make it wide enough they don't bust you with the mirror.
The speed limit in my housing area is 10mph. I was going 11mph, and went around a pothole. A guy in a pickup tried to cut off on the right just to go 1-2mph faster. What stupidity. I guess he really had to get home so he could drink beer and watch television. I see it all the time, people that HAVE to pass you, because its a STATUS thing. They lose their 40,000$ car and its status when they have to follow a humble bicycle. You are not another American on a vehicle to some of them; you are a peon between them and their royal lazy boy throne. Vehicular homicide is funny to some people, like throwing rocks at birds. The only people that value the life of a motorcyclist is another 2wheeler rider.

on my pedal bike when im riding down a residential street and i see a car at a cross street about to make a turn from the right side, if there's any doubt that the guy sees me i would pull a right turn into the same street and do a u turn so i end behind him, right turn again and im on my way again.

i had a little incident at a stop sign the other day. im riding my mb in the blocking position (on left tire track), i stop at a stop sign and this guy in a car pulls up between me and the curb, even though its one lane going in each direction. i wasnt in any danger but was a little annoyed by this. is there any tactics i can use to discourage this behaviour?

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
HAPPYCHEAPSKATE ALWAYS be alittle more alert on in a housing track or estates because the people who live around dont even know you are neighbors untill its too late!

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I don't have any 40,000 cars hahhaha, I am a cheapskate. But yes, I see what you are saying, that someone might think I was just joyriding in their neighborhood and not respect me.

PS your avatar reminds me of the desert guy who was doing burnouts on sandy pavement with a bicycle (youtube video).

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
I guess just don't open the gap for them or make it wide enough they don't bust you with the mirror.
The speed limit in my housing area is 10mph. I was going 11mph, and went around a pothole. A guy in a pickup tried to cut off on the right just to go 1-2mph faster. What stupidity. I guess he really had to get home so he could drink beer and watch television. I see it all the time, people that HAVE to pass you, because its a STATUS thing. They lose their 40,000$ car and its status when they have to follow a humble bicycle. You are not another American on a vehicle to some of them; you are a peon between them and their royal lazy boy throne. Vehicular homicide is funny to some people, like throwing rocks at birds. The only people that value the life of a motorcyclist is another 2wheeler rider.
SUCKS !!!!!!! IVE BEEN HIT TWICE ON STREET BIKES SLOW SPPEDS BUT NONE THE LESS ONCE THE BIKE WAS FINE MO TOO!!!! SECOND TIME MADE UP FOR THE LUCK IN THE FIRST LIKE I SAID SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .wee.