Construction d'un sidecar.

GoldenMotor.com

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
It was nice of you to try, Intrepid WheelWoman.

But they're unreadable.

Lucky for me, I've no plans to build a sidecar. Even though it's an interesting idea.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
It's not 100% by any means, but you can try Optical Character Recognition & google translate to get a rough idea of what the text contains, enough to get the step by step procedure anyway, if sprinkled with a touch of gibberish lol

This is a free online OCR that seems to work OK, I suspect the rough spots are a combo of translation problems and scan resolution more than the OCR, mostly translation as that's always an issue: http://www.onlineocr.net/default.aspx

An example excerpt from pg 2;

inner uprights 13 X 13 Ir , stuck just above the VERITAL ) the amounts of the 80,115 seat Stuck Inside our hangers against plywood . A top rail laid back and put forward a Lower da record, seat side end this assemblege . four seat , we will have two small interior stringers , one king , and the top edge nt % de.s base rails do , and we will stick by it, against a rectangle of plywood by 6 1 , 1 . ( or two layers glued in advance do the front cross will be placed above the seat bottom , the cons • complicated , and a kind of corridor. still against - plated 3%. whose wire is cut laterally , will join in an infant through 13 dc laid down rails do lasso, and hence leave the floor do the real cash . TGIT This corridor necessary to pass through the tubular riveting the spar base trayent side ° . . .

Last edited:

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
It was nice of you to try, Intrepid WheelWoman.

But they're unreadable.

Lucky for me, I've no plans to build a sidecar. Even though it's an interesting idea.
Unfortunately this is a situation I can do nothing about as i don't have the original book despite searching high and low for it. All I have a are set of scanned pages which are not entirely crystal clear it's true. My own scanner is a hi resolution photographic quality scanner so if I did own a copy of the book I would be able to do a much better job of it.

Blue, - when you say the scans are unreadable what do you mean by that? If you click your mouse on the attachment the scan will be enlarged and if you click again it will become very large indeed. Even with my poor eyesight I'm able to then read the French text, so did you mean that you couldn't read the pages because they are written in French, rather than being illegible?

If absolutely pushed to it I could provide an English translation of this chapter, but it would take me a while because I'm no classic French scholar despite being able to make reasonable sense of most of the sidecar chapter. Even now my old French teacher would still shake his head at me and sigh I'm afraid.

BarelyWake, - Your suggestion to use OCR software is a good one, but I couldn't help going into a fit of giggles at the result once you put it through Google translate. I find that it's generally best to use Google translate to translate a single word or perhaps a short phrase when I get stuck. Doing that saves me from hunting out my old French textbooks, but Google translate is far from being a silver bullet and I still need to use my Mk:1 human brain to actually end up with the correct meaning.