A real plausable effort to modify State motorized bicycle Laws

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hello KCvale!
You mentioned that the bill was dead, so no changes this year. I assume that means you are going to be reintroducing the proposed bill in 2014. Have you given any thought to any of the changes people have been suggesting, such as proposing a 50cc limit and a 25mph limit?
There are currently 2 sizes of inexpensive 2-stroke Chinese engines, the 2HP 48cc and 2.75HP 66cc, the 4-strokes I use are called a 49cc but in reality only 48.7 so in my book legal as a 48.

The point is 50cc accomplishes nothing, the 66cc is actually less expensive and more efficient
The difference in top speed is only a couple of miles per hour because it has the power to overcome wind resistance better afet 25MPH, the BIG difference is the time to get to speed from a dead stop, the kind of 'merge with traffic quicker' power that actually makes it safer to operate.

Ever been behind a 4 cylinder Yugo trying to get on the freeway when the ramp is metered? Worse yet try to drive one and do it?
And don't even get me started with hills...

My point is it is useless to even try to regulate speed by engine power, heck I can buy and operate a car with over 650HP capable of over 200MPH in AZ, what the heck is 3/4HP gonna matter when it is the best power plant for these machines?
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I'd really love to see this go somewhere, I just really doubt it's going to happen at 66cc and
30mph. Thanks again for taking the initiative.
If you signed my petition you have already helped.
I'll take 25MPH because 19MPH is essentially useless unless you are going up hill and would have otherwise walked the bike and the police here consider you more of hindrance and unsafe when you ride too darn slow on a fast road.

Did you note my additions for anything over 48cc or 20MPH?
The bike needs working front and rear brakes and a blinking front light for daytime operation, those two things alone I think will make it safer and better for everyone on the roadway.

I welcome any help as it has been a solo quest for over 2 years now so if you know of a sympathetic state congressman or a lobbyist that will work for free let know and thank you for being as interested as 282 other people in AZ that have signed on my petition page.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I think you should propose 10 hp and 45mph limits. That way mabbers will have a fighting chance against the homicidal cagers, lol.