Michigan now 100cc max?!

GoldenMotor.com

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
I saw the MPH limit is still at 30. I just didn't see a horsepower limit. Prior to the 100cc limit MI had a 50cc 2hp and 30mph limit. I am assuming with the increase in allowable displacement they also waived the 2hp limit? Or at least in that form there is no mention of it.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
So no horsepower limit, no mention of pedals, just 100cc and 30mph max. The only gray area still in my opinion is that the rider can't be "required" to shift gears. Does that mean as long as I have a centrifugal force clutch I can have a transmission or multiple ratio drive since I can still get around without shifting? I have decided to interpret it that way until someone dressed in blue or brown (not the UPS man) says otherwise.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I think the po po have to much to worry about already.They will just get you for speeding then dig deeper.If you act like a normal human you will not have issues.I stop at stop signs/redlights and I wave to the po po when I see them.Also there is no helmet law but wearing one imo will also let them know you are riding safe.I ride a 98cc 5 speed with no problem.With the shift kit set up it looks like the gears are seperate from the motor.

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
From 50cc to 100cc's . But only 30 mph . LOL I have to wonder what made them change the law? Most of the china mopeds I see around here are 50cc and are goin 45mph anyway. But on the plus side , less restriction on the motor does open up alot of possibilities. hmmm....