Katy cruising

GoldenMotor.com

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Hey Katy guys,
I'm down in Rosenberg. I just built a bike for my Father in Law (he's 80, I'm 60). It's a 29" Genisis aluminum frame hybrid. Works good so far - we've on our 3rd gallon of mix, so it's getting some action for just being around a couple of weeks. We just ride the neighborhood down here, and no problems from the police, but the neighbors have sure noticed! (In a positive way, so far).
Welcome to the forum man \m/ glad you having a good experience with your builds. I have to say have ridden my bike all over where I live on the north side of houston - I live in new caney and have ridden all over town here, all over splendora, and all over porter and even went to humble on my bike once. I have never gotten a second look from any police other than to compliment me and ooooh and awwweee over my builds. I currently have the minimal safety equipment mounted up - single led head light, seat post flasher tail light, and I just added a mirror that acually let's me see behind me on left side while I'm riding. I don't normally sport my helmet lately as its restricting my head movement side to side and untill today made it so I couldn't look behind me to see traffic when I needed to cross the street. Would like to say I know this is a stoopid move, not wearing my helmet but now that I have a decent mirror ill be returning to wearing it. I really need to get me a half helmet to do my summer riding as my full face that I currently have gets hot to wear in summer weather.
I totally understand what you mean about positive responses to your bike as every time I pull up somewhere and get off my bike a crowd seems to start gathering and I get side tracked for an hour or so talking about my bikes. I'm currently helping one of my neighbors build a great divide mountain bike just so I have someone else super close to ride with. I'm not looking to become a bike builder for customers as they all want one till I tell them what it will take to reproduce a bike like the tour de hood. (Currently with new wheel puts build just shy of a grand w/o labor figured and I just ordered more parts which I haven't added to cost yet and will put bike over a grand easily) they see the 135 dollar kit on line and think they will be able to do what my bike does. I need to just do like someone here said and print up some buisiness cards with my name, email, and link to the forum so they can look into it w/o me spending forever talking to them explaining every detail loool. And then they can just look at my build threads and read it for themselves loooool.

Hope to hear from you all soon on a group get together as I'd love to see other builders rides in person to share ideas and whatnot \m/

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Just finished sealing my tank to get rid of pinhole leak... Ill be mounting it back up today and will be ready to ride when ever you fellas are \m/ >.< \m/ btw weathers gonna be nice......

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
.Well you guys waited too long bwahahahahahahahahha. My wife wrecked my bike and tore up the front end. Ill be fixing it up very soon but for now I'm not riding anywhere. Shame cuz I got the next 4 days off werk \m/

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
I got My bike back on the street and waiting for replaceMEnt fork to coME in next week somE timE. Helping a buddy in my neighborhood build hiM A bike so ill have someone to ride with but whenever yall are ready I'm down to MAke a trip to west houston \m/ sucks you unable to ride tho wheelbender

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
A few years ago, when I moved to TX, I had to store the motorbike for about 5 months. I drained the fuel and float bowl and squirted a bit of oil in the spark plug hole before storing. The bike started up fine after 5 months of cold iron. It should only be impounded 2 or 3 months this time.

Last edited: