went out to a bike show with ma motorized bicycle chopper .

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I have been wanting to get my butt out to the Quaker Steak & Lube in cranberry an wow the bikes wish I had my camera old bsa's triumps harleys galore so many schweeeet customs , met a freind out there an wow I hardly had a moment to walk around had an amazing good time shooting the bull an meeting some really great folks that could not believe I rode a mb 8 miles to the show had a few oldtimers that I picked their brains about old bikes as much as they picked mine about my bike , as I was leaving 1 guy said to me after watching me start it up " imagine that the guy with the smallest bike got the biggest responces, clearly, the best bike here ."I was wowed ,you know that feeling when words just cant thank a guy enough for a complement , then to top it off 3 just too sweet lookin bikes come up beside me an rode out at MY SPEED (slow) out to the main road an left me in the dust as the light changed! I must say the one guy that really stands out , John , a great freind helped so much going an dragging everyone he knew over to check it out .
I dont know how I will ever thank him , an he deserves it !
now I need to get the vin an plate for my honey's trike an get it out there they liked mine I know that trike will knockem dead.
I am so addicted to these lil machines OMG !
Gary
.shft.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Re: went out to a bike show with ma mb chopper .

sounds like a great time!

i know the feeling... i ride my bikes to the donut shop car show we have out here every saturday morning, and most of the time i like to park it and walk away, and watch the crowd gather around it.

most everyone there has seen the stock cheap cruiser builds, and had no idea you could make something totally custom and different.

next time take pics!

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa

Most definately takin the camera next time , one custom chopper stuck out it was done with the movie "scarface" as a theme absolutely beautiful work , an the skill of the painter who did the airbrush work makes me feel like a amature. almost photographic quality work truely amazing.
Gary

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

Cranberry is only about 60 miles from me. Never been the the QSandL there though.

I'll be riding right by it later this month, I am riding the Suzuki The entire length of U.S. 322 from the start in down town Cleveland to the end in Atlantic City.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Right on Gary! Must've been different getting the "ooh's an ahh's" in person instead of just reading them, eh? :) The trike will definitely blow their minds!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Sounds like fun, Gary. Ya gotta take a camera next time. I'd like to see the reactions when you and Deb pull up together.

There's a biker bar/resturant about four miles from my house. On any given Saturday you'll see evreything there from Choppers to full dress Harleys to dirt bikes. I really want to ride in there soon on my chopper. It should get some attention. :)

Keep us posted when the trike is makes it's debut.

Tom

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa

Joe that sounds like a cool trip , lemme know when you think you will be in the area , am maybe meet up for a drink or sumthin .
Killer , it was overwhelmingly good response I almost kept forgetting to just let the bike sell its self an possibly may have sold another one. I'm waiting for the call but not holding my breath .
Tom stop thinking about heading to that biker bar resturant , DO IT ! I am telling you real bike folk will love your bike or bikes , an youll probably steal the show away . whats that ad slogan? " JUST DO IT"
Her paper work has been in the states hands for a week now they say 30 to 90 days for approval or not , I dont see any reason why they would not issue a vin an plate since I have learned what they look for , this is where I chomp at the bit , she wants to go riding , I may trailer it out to next weeks show I just hate doing that its so ....... boring ......
Gary
.xx.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland

Gary, sounds like alot of fun. I have been considering rolling in on the Frederick Harley Dealership. They have a monthly gathering with food and music and all bikes are welcome. I'd have to truck it in somewhere close and ride in since traffic is an issue in that area, but I thought it might be a good laugh. Silverbear and I have gotten the best reactions from old Harley guys when they see us riding.
Dan

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa

Dan since the trike isnt legal yet I trailered them over an unloaded right in front of a harley dealer in beaver falls Mcmahons, got a lot of stares . With the quality of bikes you an SB build I strongly recomend it , I have learned that old bikers an the ones who undesrtand what riding is about absolutely love the mb's.....Fredrick Maryland eh ... I got family down there ,havent seen em in years , I diverge GO FOR IT you 2 will have a great time .
Gary

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

I know you had a great time, because that does sound like a fun adventure. Just 8 miles round trip anywhere is a fun adventure to me LOL.

I've noticed almost all motorcycle riders are quick to appreciate motor bicycles. Pretty much everywhere I go here in Dallas I get the same reaction. Especially when I tell them I rode there from Farmers Branch, which is about 15 miles away from aything good, that always gets their attention.