Motors

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Getting a little interested again in electric power. Scanning through the threads here I see a lot of discussion of the motors of course , speeds, weight, and the batteries. I went to the "Golden motor" site the other day and was amazed at what you can get now days and not that expensive either. Not cheap but doable. They have a full sized motorcycle that has been converted with a motor and a sports bike that can do 100mph. They showed a regular bike that was no slouch either. Now these motors , in the car I willl add, are water cooled and fan cooled. Technologies have really taken off. Getting very interested. Saw a ultirlight plane powered by a motor also. Bottom line electrics are at the turning point now and really another option for us. gphil

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
it all pretty much started with remote control cars and planes. i was amazed when going into an rc shop and seeing all the rc planes that use battery powered motors. i have over 1,000 miles on my electric bike and still amazes me each time i ride it, quite and vibration free

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Paul, may be picking your brain in the future. More I think about it well you know. I built a recumbent trike for atomic zombie that is just begging to be motorizsed. Still new, never ridden. Have been thinking about it for a while. Also have a couple Day 6 bikes that need electrified. Oh well. gphil