Whizzer Bi-matic two speed clutch rebuild

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I just acquired this Whizzer bi-matic clutch and intend to restore it to working condition. I have always heard that the cheap bicycle type ball bearings are what keeps it from performing as it should. I was wondering if anyone knows what the correct replacements are. I can use any help available in rebuilding this unit as I want to replace my automatic clutch on my Whizzer with it.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I would tell you to ask Quenton Guenther,,,
but he got banned and doesn't come here anymore
if you want I could pm you his phone and/or e-mail ;)

PS,,,I agree, that is one sweet bike

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I would tell you to ask Quenton Guenther,,,
but he got banned and doesn't come here anymore
if you want I could pm you his phone and/or e-mail ;)

PS,,,I agree, that is one sweet bike
Thanks a lot azbill, I'm also a member on the other forum and will contact him there.

1941ford

Dec 18, 2011
shirley ny
hi,i have used terry mc allister in the past to rebuild a bi matic ,but it was about 10 years ago he could possibly help you with bearings and modern seals ,847-639-2228 he is in cary ill.last time i used him,you could also ask harvey from memory land classics for info...

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
hi,i have used terry mc allister in the past to rebuild a bi matic ,but it was about 10 years ago he could possibly help you with bearings and modern seals ,847-639-2228 he is in cary ill.last time i used him,you could also ask harvey from memory land classics for info...
Terry died last year.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. I got a message from Quenton also and it looks like I'm on my own. I'll post the repairs and results when I figure it out.

1941ford

Dec 18, 2011
shirley ny
Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. I got a message from Quenton also and it looks like I'm on my own. I'll post the repairs and results when I figure it out.
when terry fixed mine he said to use mobil one 5w30 synthetic oil,when empty they hold 2.oz. ,did you ask harvey from memory lane who else repairs them? there is next to zero info on repairing these units,i have 2 more needing repair ,

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
when terry fixed mine he said to use mobil one 5w30 synthetic oil,when empty they hold 2.oz. ,did you ask harvey from memory lane who else repairs them? there is next to zero info on repairing these units,i have 2 more needing repair ,
Thanks, that's good info. No, I haven't checked with anyone else yet. I'm still cleaning and studying mine so I'll be able to understand what they tell me. I'll let you know when I get more info.

wz507

Dec 18, 2011
MN
Terry McAllister's inventory of Bimatic parts went to Ralph Newcomb who repairs and rebuilds Bimatics. I'm sure he can help you out and can be contacted via email at [email protected].