manic mechanic head or pirate head

GoldenMotor.com

jimmeyphat0314

Oct 7, 2011
illinois
i got my piratecycles head today and was suprised that i also got my manic mechanic head also, that i thought was a lost cause. long story. anyway any thoughts which one to try first or any tips?

recon chris

Apr 28, 2011
pacific grove
Which manic head did you get the soap dish or gen two. I would try manics first after all pirate just stole his designe anyway. How much did they cost you and tell me what kind of performance you knotice :)

jimmeyphat0314

Oct 7, 2011
illinois
guess its the gen2 it has the fins screwed the spark plugs in on both and the manic the spark plug comes even with the threads and the pirate the spark plug extends a thread or two that concerns me a bit on the pirate should i add a washer or two to the spark plug or add another gasket im new to this but learning

jimmeyphat0314

Oct 7, 2011
illinois
pics suck but first is side by side 2nd is pirate 3rd manic 4th manic 5th pirate. the pirate looks alot more polished on the outside as the manic is underneath

Last edited:

recon chris

Apr 28, 2011
pacific grove
Do NOT put a washer under the spark plug to change the spark plug length in the engine. Look at your head at a knife edge with the spark plug in it. What I mean is if the plug protrudes past the point were the head seals to the jug then change the plug if not....lol then run it and you’ll have even more compression. How much did they cost?. Manics head looks way better if that has any bearing on things.

jimmeyphat0314

Oct 7, 2011
illinois
paid 65 for yhe pirate came with gasket and plug paid 30 for manic mechanic had ordered a customsprocket but thier cnc machine stoped working so they sent me a head to make good of my purchase

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I have the original manic head, which pirates is pretty close to the same, and the gen2 manic radial head. There is a difference between the two, I prefer the gen2 manic radial head, it gives my engine smoother power through out the power band, and it keeps my engine cooler. You can use index washers to get the plug in the correct position.