Th!nk Bike by Ford- 2 beeps 5 LED's flashing

GoldenMotor.com

B. West

Apr 6, 2010
California
Hi! I currently own 3 Think Bikes by Ford, one (Ford Racing Edition) of which I just recently picked up. The two( Think Bike Fun) that I already had work perfectly but the new addition Ford Racing Edition is having a problem that I have seen posted here and on several different blogs. However, I have not seen a posting for a fix or repair. When the key and handle bar controller are turned to "on" the bike beeps twice and the 5 LED's flash every second until the power is turned off. Has anyone experienced this and if so, do you know of a fix/repair. The Ford Racing is such a cool bike and I really want to get it running. Also, if you know of any electrical repair shop that can repair an extra battery charger and battery case, it would

B. West

Apr 6, 2010
California
Problem Solved......Okay, I will start by saying how grueling of a day this was. I only found one E-Bike dealer in SoCal who was willing to even take a look at the Ford Think Bike. A huge shout out to Robin at EZ Green Electric Bikes (949-661-2761) in Dana Point, Ca (34193 Amber Lantern St, Dana Point, CA 92629). I took the non functioning Bike along with a working Think Bike to Robin. After a quick diagnosis, we determined that the motor was good,the batter was good, and all wires were in tact. The only thing remaining was the controller. Robin suggested taking the controller out the working bike and putting it in the non functioning Ford Racing bike (it looks amazing). After disassembling both bikes and taking the good controller out, I made a huge mistake and broke one of the wiring harnesses on the circuit board. For all you out there, these things are not clipped in. They are soldered in so make sure when taking the controller out you detach it from the clips that have the tape around them. Fortunatley for me Robin had a soldering iron and fixed it on the spot. After a grueling day of bending and kneeling and keeping track of screws and bolts, I successfully switched controllers and got the Think Bike of choice working. Now, I have to just find another controller to get the other Think Bike working. If any of you out there are experiencing the blinking lights non stop after two beeps, don't waste your time trouble shooting if you know the batteries are good......Replace the controller.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Glad you came back and let us know what the problem was and the fix for it. You wouldn't believe how many times I've seen a post like your original post, see a few replies as to what they might try. And then nothing ever again. So anyone trying to fix the same problem has to ask the question again.

I am sorry that no answers were given for your OP but I am glad that you let us know what the problem was and how you fixed it.

TH!NKrider

Aug 20, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I'm glad to see your posting date is so new. I just joined to get help with a TH!NK bike fun Ford racing bicycle (dontyaknow) with the same problem of 2 beeps and 5 blinking lights. My dilemma is that I have just the one bike so a controller switch is not a solution for me. Have you found any other contacts for these bikes?

Help!

B. West

Apr 6, 2010
California
Hi! I hope this information will help others get their Think Bikes working again. After much exhaustive research and phone calls, I have found what is likely the last dealer/repairer for Ford Think Bikes and parts. They don't sell the bikes but they do have just about every part available and can even repair your existing parts. I work for Ford and found out some time ago that one authorized dealer purchased most of the existing parts supply from Think when Ford divested the company. They can supply you with whatever you are looking for. They are quite busy as it took some time to get my parts (controller and new battery case) but as soon as they arrive I will have my 3rd Think Bike Fun operational. The company is:

Light Electric Vehicle Technologies
602 S 1st Ave
Pocatello ID 83201
208 478 5388
208 232 3717
877 807 5388 toll free
Or 888 423 5388

Make sure you tell them Brian West sent you :)

Good luck and happy riding!

Sseccom1

Sep 9, 2021
Hello to those still using this thread,

I recently bought 3 Think Fun bikes off a co-worker at Ford. 2 Blue and 1 Red with owners manual and charger (have not gotten the charger to work though). Recently, I bought replacement batteries and installed them in their cases. However, when I install the case and turn the key I receive two beeps and one singular red light on the panel. I've read through the manual and cannot seem to find what this issue means. Has anyone run into this issue? If so, your solution would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!