GoldenMotor.com

anim8r

Jul 15, 2011
Michigan
Every time I see a nice bike next to a member's name, I always want to click on it for a bigger picture. Since the avatars are limited to 80x80 pixels, that's just gonna happen. Kinda sucks....there are some gorgeous bikes here.

I guess I'm wondering if I'm missing something. I've uploaded pics to my profile & I can see them in the user cp, but I haven't seen anyone else's photo albums in their profile. Do people not usually upload their pics here?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Sadly the album feature isn't used as often as it could be, some members have ofc provided their profile page w/tons of great pics - but ofc some haven't, it's a matter of diggin' around a bit *shrug*

There's also "view threads created by" under "statistics" on the profile page, that'll help ya dig up any build and/or pic thread they may have made, as well as jus' wanderin' around in our Motorized Bicycle Pictures section.

I also suspect ifn ya sent a private message to any member requestin' a pic of their ride, they'd be more than happy to provide... a few heh ;)

anim8r

Jul 15, 2011
Michigan
either of you old timers know how to motivate these people? Everybody should have a photo album here....this is cool stuff we're doing

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Know what ya mean about some folks avatars. Some great pics. What I do, and this works on Windows and Linux computers, is hold down CTL and scroll in. Depending on the picture, can get blurry to close but gives ya a better look.

I dunno on Mac computers?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
How about increasing the size allowed for albums. Mine is always full, and in order to upload a new picture I have to delete one.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
We should be able to post a 250x250 pixel picture of our motorized bikes in our signature. The picture can be viewed larger just by clicking the image.

This picture slot will allow members to use the avatar they like, and still be able to show off our current MB or favorite build. This feature should be used for that purpose only, not to show off anything of a derogatory sense. I think that would be a cool way of sharing without the detours.

Last edited:

DaveM

Aug 22, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
Hi to everyone.

I have just uploaded some pictures to my album and made a avatar. I will need to take some more pictures of my bike. It now has a Sturmey Archer 90mm front drum brake. I love it! I want to get a Monark fork from Venice in the future. Just need to save some money!

Also a couple of pictures of my Vintage Team Associated RC10 Edinger Oval Track Racer I built. It took me 2 years to collect the parts to build it. Vintage parts are hard to get now, and prices have really gone up. But I am really happy with it.

I hope you enjoy my pictures.

Regards,
DaveM.