Anybody do a complete Morini rebuild here?

GoldenMotor.com

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I have the top end off, clutch off, and down to the flywheel. I figure I need to make a flywheel puller to get the flywheel off, So how do I split the case? Do I need special tools to do it? Do i need special tools to take out and replace the bearings, crankshaft, and seals? I have a S6-E

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Alright, some are looking but nobody has any experience or suggestions so I did some research on my own and found out a lot of good stuff. I needed something to hold the flywheel while I took the flywheel nut off, a flywheel puller, and a case splitter.
So I fabbed these with flat bar, nuts and bolts that I had lying around. It wasn't to hard to take the flywheel nut off, the flywheel was on the crankshaft pretty good, the case split apart rather easy, but one of the crankshaft bearings was still on the crankshaft so I had to make a bearing splitter/ puller. I pulled the bearing seals out with a screwdriver and tapped the bearings out with a socket and hammer.
Next is the cleanup of the case, buy new bearings, gaskets and seals, and put it back together. will keep posted as I progress. -magrider-

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I found my fly wheel cam off with out a puller on my S6S being that the ignitions are interchangeable between the S6T dunno what the S6E gots never saw one.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Goat, thanks for the reply, I think the s6-E has a coil and a magnet in the flywheel? I am looking to upgrading the ignition to the digital that the S6-S has. have to buy the bearings and Seals first. My flywheel has '10,000 rpm maximum' stamped on it should that be a concern?

I found my fly wheel cam off with out a puller on my S6S being that the ignitions are interchangeable between the S6T dunno what the S6E gots never saw one.

Last edited: