upgrade advice

GoldenMotor.com

ElPants21

May 29, 2011
United States
So i got about 1200 miles out of my HT setup so far with no signs of crapping out from the engine but i need more speed to ride in the streets @ 45mph. Rather than upgrading the China Girl motor I think I'll run it into the ground and start fresh with an S6t. My question is if i got an S6s, could i pull off the electronic timing control if it fries and have the thing still run? im a noob to all this still and it looks like there arent too many differences, just the wider carb and computer. ( I think i read the 5.8 has a heavier flywheel too?) anyways, i wanna throw on a shift kit and be able to haul ass but dont think i have the budget for a water cooled setup. alos, im assuming the SBP kit doesnt fit to a morini, are there any kits that do or is it manic mechanic custom fab time? at those kinda speeds something full suspension starts looking good. . .
im guestamating this build a month or 2 out. any help rocks, thanks ahead of time
.shft.

side note, does anyone have an actual horsepower figure for an 66cc HT motor with an x chamber, high comp head boost bottle and better spark plug?

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I was pretty happy with my HT motor for about 6 months, I even did a 40 mile group ride without any problems at all. Then I decided to upgrade by giving it a pipe and an intake which was great. Then one day going up a big hill I normally fly up at full throttle I suddenly spun a woodruff key on the crankshaft. I think with my weight and the slight increase in torque was just more than it was able to handle.
If I had to guess at a horsepower rating I put it ins the are of about 1.2-1-6hp. For me the upgrade wasn't much of a hard to make decision especially since my HT had a hard time keeping up with some of the other bikes with larger engines on that cruise.