No spark?

GoldenMotor.com

OzDragster

Apr 22, 2011
Australia Melbourne
OK, I changed the plug to from one of the Chinese to a better one and still no spark. So its either the CDI, Wiring or the Magneto. Right?

How do I differentiate between which of the three it may be without spending cash for no reason.

Its a skyhawk 70cc motor and done only 2 hours riding.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Oz
If you don't mind doing some searches on this forum you should be able to find all the info on how to use an ohm meter to check the cdi, mag coil etc.
you could have just a wire loose sometimes that can be real hard to find.
The worse problem is the broke wire may be inside the mag coil or the cdi took a dump.
Some people have problems with the kill switch shorting out so removing the kill switch will help for a start just for testing. The spark plug wire can come loose or get corrosion inside of it. The plug wire screws into the cdi and into the spark plug boot.
The stock wire connectors are known for being crumby solder the connectors or replacing them with good soldered on connectors can help there.
If you live where the bike gets wet often then corrosion or moisture shorted out connections may be causing you a problem.
Just don't let this happen to you while testingzpt

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
The stock sparkplug wire is such a piece of junk it was the first piece I replaced. The Chinese make them in a toy factory from 6 parts to replace what we make here from 3.

My biggest problem has been magneto coils. I've gotten 3 motors so far, two had bad coils from the non-start and the third one went bad here about a month ago. I just got a new motor and guess what?? Bad magneto coil :(