Stator mount oil leak

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Norm ... Hoping you can give me some tips for this one . Ever see a leak here.
http://db.tt/i8q5OoC. <--- pic link.
Used a little thread tape too see if that was prob. ,it was , bike ran great till warmed up then leaked again and runaway idle returned. Lock tite has been sugested , can't clean out oil very well however.
Any thoughts greatly appericated thanx

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Leaking out of the threaded hole means they drilled clean through into the crank case, must of screwed up that hole or is all 4 leaking?. I would try a gas and oil proof sealant on the threads there. Or you could get the proper sized threaded screw that is longer than what you need, cut off the head, then use loctite stud and bearing sealant on it. You will have one stud and 3 screws. You will then use a nut on the stud.
If you go the stud route mark the stud so you do not screw it in too far. Let the thread stuff set before use, the use of loctite thread setting accelerate will help.
But for quick repair I'd go with the screws and oil and gas proof thread dope rector seal #5 is a soft setting thread sealant but it isn't cheap, check with auto zone or one of the auto parts stores sometimes they sell little packets of thread sealants etc. at the front desk.
To clean out the threaded hole use carb or brake clean and spray the Poo out of the hole or holes.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Yep they drilled right thru case ! Thankfully just the one lower hole is leaking.
I can see the bottom of all other holes . Lett bike drain out yesterday ,on her side today. I try the auto store up the road and see what they got .
Think stator would be ok with just three bolts holding it ? was thinking of lock titeing an allen screw in there for good.
Thanks for the advice ,let you know how it goes.