engine wont fire up!!!:[

GoldenMotor.com

MxG

Dec 28, 2009
long beach , CA
so as i was riding my bike today i notice that at top end the bike studer n lost its power. wen i was a block from my house it shut off making the same noise it does wen its out of gas so i tryed to fire it back up but nothing. i pumped some gas into it n it was coming out from were the flote is at.

does any one no wat is cousing this issue??

how to fix it??

thank u

-Alex:-||

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
If the carburetor is flooding fuel out from the float bowl then it sounds like the float is stuck or there is some debris jammed in between the float valve needle and valve seat.
Take the carburetor apart, clean it, and inspect it.
http://motorbicycling.com/f39/motorized-bicycle-carburetor-install-rebuild-302.html
Also, do you have a fuel filter installed in the fuel line?
The factory filter screen on the fuel valve is a poor filter.
Also some of the fuel tanks have rust inside them and this can mess up the carburetor if a quality filter is not used.

MxG

Dec 28, 2009
long beach , CA
thanks gearnut ill most deff clean it out hopefully thats the problem.

n i was using a fuel filter i got from auto zone but i took it off but i guess its worth having it huh? lol

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Also it might be a electrical problem...first shot would be to check for spark at the spark plug, then on from there. Remove fuel bowl screw and see if fuel will flow out of the bowl.

Last edited:

MxG

Dec 28, 2009
long beach , CA
so it turns out after cleaning the carb that wasnt it. turns out it was electrical the blue wire was disconnected. :] i put on the gas filter back on just to b safe n taped the wires together thanks for the help guys!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Glad you found the problem, but, you'd be better off to solder the wires together and then use heat shrink tubing over the connections for a permanent fix. Twisted and taped is going to fail sooner or later and you'll be back to square one, again. Do it right the first time and you won't have to do it again.
Tom

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Put the shrink tube on Before you make the connections. Don't be like me rotfl also Rat Shack has blade solder u wrap around the wire and light with a lighter if you don't have an iron.