kustom pivoting rear motor mount

GoldenMotor.com

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
had an idea the other day, and as usual it worked great. if you have a 3 inch tire, you may need to offset the motor a little. this worked out for me as i have a 1 inch outside diameter seatpole tube.....got these handle bar risers from Stem - Dual Riser - Silver - Choppers U.S., LLC for cheap and made em into two way pivoting engine mount. kustom!!!........

Attachments

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
That is outstanding!! I like the clean look of them. I see so many mounting techniques and though they are functional, sometimes they look "Home Made". Those may work to add the lowering look on boardtracker bars also.

stokey

Feb 24, 2010
wyoming
TommyBoy
That is way cool. Did you use one on the front mount also? I was unable to see in the picture, how you did the front mount. If it is not offset the same amount it seems the chain would not be parallel with the rear sprocket? My Micargi Rover has a larger front tube, but maybe the handlebar riser can be enlarged enough to make work there also?
Thanks for the quick reply and sharing your idea.
Nice CAR. My first car was a 32 ford, then upgraded to a 57 chrysler newyorker 2dht
w/ 392 hemi. The body lines were much like your car. Wish i still had it
Bill

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
what up man, thanx guys for positive comments. i have many more kustom ideas to share brothers.i have too many hours polishing that damn china girl, but it definetly looks unique.good ol mothers mag and aluminum polish, a few microfiber towels, and lots of sanding.this mount primarily works if you are running a 7/8" seat pole, inwhich i see is becoming a thing of the past. if you have a little bit fatter outside diameter seat tube, you can dremel these risers a little to make em fit, but not too much.as far as the front mount, it is a stationary mount, and it looks like this front mount i did on my migargi...

Attachments

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Dude that is one awesome ride there!! I love the lighted spark plug caps. Did you use Dupli Color Engine paint on your motor? Nice work :)

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
That engine mount is off the hook! Posts like this one from tommyboy keep me addicted to this site.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tommy,
I've always admired your work. Lots of attention to detail. I do have a question however. I can see how the risers offset the rear of the engine but I'm not getting what you did on the front mount. The photo showing the front mount was of a different bike, or so it appears. Is the engine in the blue bike parallel with the frame or is the engine cocked just a little? Some misalignment is allowable but too much and you could have some chain/sprocket problems. Just curious.
Tom

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
hey whats happenin 2 door. as always you have good questions and answers-lol.in the blue bike pic the motor is dead parallel with the downtube. and i got lucky with where the motor had to be in height so i just slid that front motormount right underneath the motor and bolted the clamps down tight. however on the red kruiser the motor is not parallel, but i didnt finish the plate yet. i'm just gonna bend and shim the plate accordingly and also offset it a little to compensate for the motor being offset. ohh also stoke, the car is christine from the movie "christine". i believe it is a 57 plymouth belvedere. its bad and i love the bodylines on that car.id really love to own one, but even for a person with money(not me-lol) its a hard car to find. they totaled 50 of those cars just to film that movie, there were three left when the movie was done. one is in a museum.it had a bad v8 in it too, dual quads....

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks, Tom,
That explains it.
My dad had a 59 Plymouth Fury. Had a 383 if my memory serves me; maybe a 318. He had so many problems with it he abandoned it in front of the dealership and he'd spray painted the word, "Lemon" on the sides. Left it sitting right in front of the showroom. Probably didn't do his credit much good cause it wasn't paid for, but I guess he got some satisfaction from it. Ya had to know my dad... :)
Tom

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
thought id throw a current pic of the gt in here.i still have to bend a plate for the front billet clamps, and im in the process of having a sprocket just like the pedal side lathed out to fit the flip flop hub, then tack welded on. should give it that kustom look.i had a back wheel built from dans comp. doublewall aluminum odyseyy hazard lite rim, with stailess spokes, and sealed bearing flipflop hub. cost me $165.very nice though and super smooth and true.im also workin on my skull for up front. **** be my headlites in his eyes( 2 10mm l.e.ds powered by 9 volt mounted inside. im also flush mounting a mechanichal speedo guage inside the back of the skull head. slowly but surely.....

Attachments

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
hey whats happenin 2 door. as always you have good questions and answers-lol.in the blue bike pic the motor is dead parallel with the downtube. and i got lucky with where the motor had to be in height so i just slid that front motormount right underneath the motor and bolted the clamps down tight. however on the red kruiser the motor is not parallel, but i didnt finish the plate yet. i'm just gonna bend and shim the plate accordingly and also offset it a little to compensate for the motor being offset. ohh also stoke, the car is christine from the movie "christine". i believe it is a 57 plymouth belvedere. its bad and i love the bodylines on that car.id really love to own one, but even for a person with money(not me-lol) its a hard car to find. they totaled 50 of those cars just to film that movie, there were three left when the movie was done. one is in a museum.it had a bad v8 in it too, dual quads....
Christine 1958 plymouth Fury, Red was not a factory paint option. Thats what made the car stand out on the assembly line in the beginning of the movie. The red and the movie make that car soo cool. But in 58 it was not a hit it was ugly. That movie along with American Graffiti Changed all of my interests I was 12 years old Thank God for those 2 films.

Adam