I hit 38.4 mph.!!!!

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
no proof..... and yes it was on flat land.. That was awesome. no wierd sputters or anything. Feels good having everything rollin the way it should. Vibrations werent bad at all.. I was using a friends GPS That I had taped to my handlebars haha.

I have a skyhawk 66cc w/ 34t sprocket I weigh about 170lbs. and Im running it on a shogun cruiser frame with 26 inch steel 12g spoke rims and smooth tires. No mods at all other than the sprocket.
I am not running a tensioner at all and its working out great for the last 4 days. has anyone hit 45 mph using this motor? is it possible? (on flat land)

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
proof of 45 mph? my 38.4 is a personal goal.. im sure alot of people do that.. not to mention no mods needed. i can get proof!.. not sure if anyone is intrested in that though.. but now 45 yeah would be sweet to see on camera.

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
More speed would be possible with improved gearing, but acceleration will suffer in the process. maybe go up a tooth on the pinion and down some more on the drive wheel?

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
yeah , yeah I know (The Proof) - but I have reached 39-40 flat ground no wind, cool day - expansion chamber and air filter and intake mods and other top secret parts.
Its funn you mentioned no wind.. I found out yesterday how much wind really effects my bikes speed haha.. I believe for a not so heavy dude that 40mph is easily acheivable. But that is where it stops... I read foureasy's whole thread about +40 mph secrets... and the stuff they do is way above my head.. and bank account. honestly.. 40 is awesome.. because where I live the speed limit is 23 mph... or 40kmh So i can pass cars whoo hoo

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
it's possible. what seems to be impossible is to post proof of it.:)
Funny how that works out.

Just as a side note, I've a worked 66 & a shiftkit, tuned pipe & a CNS, heck I've even got a GPS and a vidcam - even a buddy willing to run a chase car...

Yet I don't post speed claims. Why? Read the above. Kinda defeats the point.

No offense people - but this is somewhat pointless. Like so many other unsubstantiated threads I'm just gonna close this as it's just gonna devolve with people tacking on another couple of MPH until everyone is doing 60+. PM me (or any staff) with something to show & we'll gladly reopen it.

We really do want to hear about your achievements... it's really not that hard to hand the cam to a buddy is it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.