genuine junk parts

GoldenMotor.com

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
the grips were from amazon.com, but I got them dirty, and took some brake cleaner to them. That gave them that "aged" look. It's fun to ride. I also just installed some of that jnn engine damp. I'm about to take a ride to see how much smoother it is. thanks guys.

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
w0w1 $600.?? I wish I can get that! I'll take $400. away happy. I tried selling it for 300, and I had 1 person interested, then he backed out. I only posted it twice on craigslist though...

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
start a new foundation, the motorized bikes for kids foundation.you can be the first person, donate it-lol, actually, i think youll get at least a 300 dollar tax deduction in the end, so its a win win, you get your 300 and some kid that needs food and clothes can blast down the road, bein free, watchin the eagle go by, on his new genuine junk motorized bicycle :)

Last edited:

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
care to tell me abour cdi,... how did you get the longer sparkline for the cdi? curious...
whats happenin cain, very simple actually, the ignition wire screws in, screw the old wire out(junk), and go to auto parts store and get a 7mm high performance wire. cut to lenght and screw the new wire in, pushing while turning till tight.you can get a 8mm wire to work also.stock wire is garbage, ive seen the metal coil core just melt over time.

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
Use an automotive grade spark plug wire. the wire itself will unscrew from the cdi box. just screw in the longer wire, and yer ready to fire away!

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
Correct me if I'm way out, but wouldnt any bike with a working motor that is mechanically sound not rusting away, good tires, etc. be worth a minimum of $300.00? This bike looks terrific, has some custom touches which required time and labor. Doesnt that raise the value?

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
people dont understand i posted mine on craigslist just to get a idea how much someone would pay for it and i had a guy say 100 bucks if it RAN GOOD motor only has 3 tanks of gas ran through it yes its runs great what the **** kind of idiot first would offer a 100 bucks and then have the nerve to say if it runs good ok i wish technology was advanced enough to jump through the computer and choke him and another guy said 150 and here is a pic of my bike i have the only thing new is the tank i just put that on this week but u get the idea

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Missed out on a new motor kit and a good frame on my local craigslist by one day, $50 for both. Guy lost interest in finishing the build.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
nice simple bike. good job on hiding the cdi. i hate that thing, and i do that to all my bikes.

people are stupid, that's why they think bikes should be so cheap. i build bikes where the bicycle alone should be worth 1000, and with a custom tank, etc, i figure if life was fair, i should get at least twice that. but people see the $200 piece of crap on craigslist and think that's all they're worth.

not to mention people think they're toys, and not a reliable, cool mode of transportation.

ok, rant over. like i said, nice, siimple bike.:)

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
so u guys are saying i could use a msd wire and it would work i would love to hide the cdi under my tank have the room now with the 1972 yamaha tank