vintage?

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I am sure if some builders could get there hands on a vintage motor they would use it. I think the best that some can do is make it look as vintage as possible.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
yeah, if you've got a stockpile of vintage, NOS motors lying around, for $150 or less, i'll take ten. do you have any Hendee Motors?

seriously, i would love to use a vintage motor on my bikes. i've got a 39 Colson, and i'm building a '20's Colson Flyer right now. If original, Vintage motors were available, i wouldn't be on this site, or putting them on bicycles. or at least, i'd be putting them on Indian bicycles or something.

and i would be asking 100 grand for the finished bike.

unless you're talking about a 70's vintage Sears Free Spirit or something. those should have a friction drive Bike Bug or something.

perichbrothers

Jan 17, 2010
san diego

these shots were taken by a friend a couple years ago in pacifica, nor-cal.
anyone whose built a china-girl can see there's alot of non-kit stuff on all three.
I think this is a goal of alot of the guys that like this section of the forum.

TP

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi Lynn, well it is NOT as easy as it looks, as others have said here. I was using flathead 1940's style new Whizzer engines, BUT even these are dwindling in the supply chain. Yes, those are 3 separate bikes, and no they are not bicycle frames with cut and weld, they are purpose-built Motor bicycles. The newer models are actually nicer, with more rake and in-frame tool boxes. I would love to see what you may have built?

Mike

Attachments

DEVIANTSCC

Dec 26, 2009
Portland, OR
i can imagine that building a vintage motor could get kinda expensive. if i had that much cash i would prob invest it into my truck( which will never be done ) :) i like the 100 dollar motors

100 bucks and a case of beer, and i can have a whole mess of fun