Help

GoldenMotor.com

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Do you see strands? If so, cut the bad section out and solder/ shrink wrap it. Might not be a bad idea to do so regardless.

Also, are you getting spark?

Aug 14, 2016
Texas
No spark..atm. New spark and cdi. I've never done this before so in just gonna cut it..and shrink wrap it back together..though I feel ill be hurting more than saving with my inexperience

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
you need to find out if you have a spark - if so, it may just be that your motor is full of fuel now from trying to start it with that bad wire before you fixed it

Aug 14, 2016
Texas
Ill detach the fuel line. I take out the new ngk spark plug I got from bike berry. I place it in the spark,cap and push the bike with the tip of the spark plug on the engine and walk my bike. I see no spark.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if you don't have a meter to check your repaired wire, I'd open the mag cover and just unsolder blue wire and solder a new one on

Aug 14, 2016
Texas
I'm considering a new motor. I don't know anything about soldering wires and after spending so much already id hate to spend even more. Ill try again in the morning by tying the wire,tighter and securing it with electric tape.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Ok so you replaced the cdi and spark plug, but still nothing? The magneto is another culprit (easily replaced, and cheap), but tell me how you have the kill switch and cdi wired?

And don't just twist the wires together. At the very least, use a butt splice crimp. They're cheap, and can be bought at almost every store.

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
I'm considering a new motor. I don't know anything about soldering wires and after spending so much already id hate to spend even more. Ill try again in the morning by tying the wire,tighter and securing it with electric tape.
Soldering is easy and cheap. Especially since you don't exactly have to be neat or precise. Just get a cheap soldering iron and some solder and look at a youtube video on it, you'll figure it out in a few minutes.

On the magneto, has it ever gotten wet? Water kills those magnetos really easily.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
What could,it be,if not this?
Wires improperly connected.

Don't just buy parts! You must know someone with a multimeter? Check the resistance of the magneto. Unplug the kill switch and check from black to blue. If you have a white wire, make sure it's not touching anything. Tape it off if you have to.

Aug 14, 2016
Texas
Wires improperly connected.

Don't just buy parts! You must know someone with a multimeter? Check the resistance of the magneto. Unplug the kill switch and check from black to blue. If you have a white wire, make sure it's not touching anything. Tape it off if you have to.
Sadly I don't. This one horse town I live in. I've done all this. I've checked for a spark with the kill switch in, I've checked with it out, I've switched between new and old spark plugs and new and old Cdi. Still no spark. The wire that's black looks thick at the joining point of the magneto, but the blue wire looks thin as if its been pulled. Where as the black wire looks to be about 7-8 strands of copper. The blue one looks to be about 3-4 strands of copper. But with no option of getting a solder, wire, tip, ect, I'm just...relying on a new Magneto. I prefer fixing the problem instead of prolonging it with tape and glue. If this does not work than I will figure it out. The last thing it can be without getting the spark is the magneto and it's wires.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
in my experience, the smaller the town, the more likely that someone very close by fixes things and has tools

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I twisted the wires together and wrapped them in electrical tape(duck automotive electric tape) and my bikes all started and ran great. One of them I didn't even have to pedal just give a little push with your feet and hit the clutch. just sayin

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
If you have a meter you might check the coil and see if you are getting anything out of it. Those coils can sometimes fail, they are cheap and easy to replace.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Just another thing to double check...Your wire in the spark plug cap may not be touching the spark plug tip. This is also a common issue with these kits, I've seen this twice where the cap guts are badly twisted and buried 1/8 " from the plug tip. Thus wreaking the spark. Take a flashlight and look inside the cap to be sure the wire ring inside is located properly
Where it snaps onto the plug top. Also some plug tops have an adapter for a bigger cap wire loop and some smaller wire loops need that plug top Adapter taken off. It's very inconsistent.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying about improper connections. Sure, twisting and taping is not the way to go, but it'll work for at least a little while.

What I'm asking is how is it connected? Pictures of connection points with a brief description?