ignorant drivers thread !!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
here is a crappy pic ... sorry guys ... i was just soo damn mad and needed to vent some how ! still would like to hear others stories though, if things like this have happend to you.... plz ... do tell !
When I ride I ride off to the far right side of the road giving the cars and trucks enough room to pass me even on one lane roads I notice from that schematic your made your directly in front of that vehicle "Which is your right to be" perhaps the guy was pissed ff for having to go 25 -30 MPH all the way down the road and took it out on you at the intersection I.D.K.

I do know I also live in Mass and 99% of the drivers I encounter are pretty courteous. In fact I'm even kind of famous in my town I get the " Your the guy on that bicycle with the lawnmower engine right " I just smile and wave yup thats me .

I will also " but not often " go so far as to ride towards on coming traffic if my rear light dies or something . It just feels safer than getting hit from behind. Ya just gotta watch out for the people who pull out and only look left I do this because it's how I rode my bicycle before it had an engine like this and I do the same with an engine . I ride like this is because one time I was struck in the shoulder with a truck mirror and the truck kept on going into my "lane" so If I was 20' ahead of myself I wouldn't be here .. he would have run my down

Last edited:

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
I am quite annoyed. I was cycling in the cool of the evening to go to the supermarket to purchase more green tea when a disorderly looking young man drove by me at a deliberately slow pace. He passed so close to me that my skirt brushed the side of his motor car and when he was directly alongside me he loudly sounded his horn. Plainly he hoped that he might cause sufficient alarm that I might take fright and fall from my bicycle. However I am of sterner stuff than that and did not so much as flinch.

With laughter frothing from his lips he accelerated ahead of me leaving me to call out aloud, 'You cad sir!' in his wake. And then without so much as a dismount I drew out my trusty Lefaucheux Pinfire Revolver (essential equipment for sensible gentlewomen everywhere) and coolly aimed and fired thrice, placing three most satisfying bullet holes in the rear panels of his car. Three shots were quite sufficient, there was no need to show off,

In the aftermath there was no difficulty as when I presented my Intrepidness Card to the young policewoman attending the incident I was of course absolved of all blame. However I did receive warning that I was improperly dressed, but once I explained that I was between hats as it were I was informed that so long as I could produce a cloche hat to be sighted by the desk sergeant within 48hrs no more would be said about it. Intrepidness is afterall a grave responsibility.
As to the young man he was dragged away in chains to break rocks in the hot sun which jolly well serves him right.

(I should mention that as a younger woman I was a keen role player and in the aftermath of upsetting incidents a good bit of vivid and imaginative role play within one's own mind can greatly help to restore one's sense of calm)

Last edited:

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Yikes, 12mm? That's a hair bigger than a .45, not quite a .50 caliber. It's a good thing he was moving away from you.. he'd otherwise have been confused, wondering where that train tunnel suddenly appeared from..

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Yikes, 12mm? That's a hair bigger than a .45, not quite a .50 caliber. It's a good thing he was moving away from you.. he'd otherwise have been confused, wondering where that train tunnel suddenly appeared from..
Oh no, it was a 7mm calibre revolver, I am a lady afterall ;)

From a purely engineering and design standpoint the Lefaucheux is a fascinating revolver. They were made in a number of calibres including 5mm, 7mm & 12mm and could be anything from 6 shot to 20 shot, though apparently some gun makers tried to go as far as a 30 shot capacity which made for an awfully unwieldy revolver that wasn't a great success.
When I purchased my 1900 Swedish Mauser rifle the gun dealer had a number of ex Belgian military issue Lefaucheux revolvers that he was selling for a surprisingly cheap price. No license was needed because ammunition was completely obsolete and not available and I very nearly bought one. My ex would've had a fit though if I had because we didn't have much money to come and go on. The Mauser was for hunting feral goats so it was a justifiable expense, me buying a Lefaucheux merely because I thought it was interesting would've made our divorce six years early for certain.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Yikes!
And I thought I was bad for my habit of kicking dents in the side of crowding drivers with my steel toe boots! (Used to have a pair with two inch spikes welded onto the exposed steel but they were seized as evidence)
You, my dear woman, are truly Intrepid! (and quite bloodthirsty!)
I'll up the ante: I'll throw a trio of useless, stinking, incredibly stupid hairball dogs into the dowry. (And one very smug cat)
Interested yet?

John Robertson

Nov 5, 2013
Gretna, Louisiana
The guy in the mini van would have been intensive care for a long time. I could of cared lees what the wife thought. The kid would have been better off without him anyway. I'm a psycho yes but I would have been a satisfied one though.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Oh no, it was a 7mm calibre revolver, I am a lady afterall ;)

From a purely engineering and design standpoint the Lefaucheux is a fascinating revolver. They were made in a number of calibres including 5mm, 7mm & 12mm and could be anything from 6 shot to 20 shot, though apparently some gun makers tried to go as far as a 30 shot capacity which made for an awfully unwieldy revolver that wasn't a great success.
When I purchased my 1900 Swedish Mauser rifle the gun dealer had a number of ex Belgian military issue Lefaucheux revolvers that he was selling for a surprisingly cheap price. No license was needed because ammunition was completely obsolete and not available and I very nearly bought one. My ex would've had a fit though if I had because we didn't have much money to come and go on. The Mauser was for hunting feral goats so it was a justifiable expense, me buying a Lefaucheux merely because I thought it was interesting would've made our divorce six years early for certain.
Ah, well, alright then.. as long as it's only 7mm. ;) That's only .27 cal, good for close work and critters. Up to 30 rounds? That sounds like it would be very awkward and difficult to hold steady (just due to the weight).
However the mental image of a (somewhat conservatively dressed) lady astride her faithful bicycle hauling out a large caliber revolver like that due to a driver displaying poor skills and manners makes me smile.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
AWEEE Intrepid..... a woman after my own heart and values . I personally like the Tokarev 7.62 X25 MM small round that packs a serious punch
When I read this......» "and coolly aimed and fired thrice, placing three most satisfying bullet holes in the rear panels of his car. Three shots were quite sufficient, there was no need to show off"",
I spit coffee out of my nose from ;laughing so hard !! You should seriously consider writing a novel if you haven't already!

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Gentlemen, I must hasten to point out that my encounter (apart from almost being knocked off my bicycle) was purely a roleplay enacted within the confines of my imagination. I no longer own any firearms and will never do so again. I have sworn off the use of weapons and while I still own my sharp edged katana for Iaido it remains wrapped in silk on display in my bedroom. When a sword has been made for you personally it is not something that can be sold. After my death it will be passed onto my daughter and I pray that it will never be drawn to spill blood.
I also own a basic recurve bow which also spends all its time hanging on the wall. I may take up archery again, but purely as an aid to meditative discipline.

And for those of you who are wondering, yes I do write, but purely for my own enjoyment and I'm far too shy to ever let anyone read one of my manuscripts.

Dear moderators, pray forgive this drift from the topic and may normal service be resumed.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I knew that.
Speaking as an avid reader, I strongly suggest you send something to a publisher.
Your stuff is much better than you think if that was any guide. You have a great style that is missing from 99% of the garbage passing for literature these days....

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
IWW, That was classic.

On the subject of ignorant drivers, most of the time it is best to let them be and brush it off. Just move on and forget it. There will always be stupid people out there.
One time I was driving my truck and had right of way in a turn, the guy that turned in behind me was VERY upset because he thought it was his turn. (Poor baby) we went down the road about 3 miles with him on my bumper on a 2 lane windy road. I went exactly the speed limit with no varieation or obvious reaction to his tantrum. When the road opened up, he flew by me, flipped me off, and I thought it was over. Nope. The road narrows back down and then has a median at a 4 way stop. He came to a complete stop. I pull up behind (still having shown no reaction to his tantrum) He gets out of his truck and starts coming at me yelling. I cant go around.

2 very stupid things on his part. WE ARE IN TEXAS. EVERYBODY HAS A GUN!
Number 2, I AM STILL IN A 4,000 pound truck, he is on foot!

My truck was a stick, and had some good power. I put it in reverse and dropped the clutch, and squealed some tires. (first time i showed any reaction to him, but wasn't going to let him get close to my truck.)
He finally got the idea, yelled one more cuss word at me, got back in his truck and drove away. lol

I also keep a large mag light handy always.

It happens to everybody. In cars and bikes. Just learn to let it go and move on.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I was out a couple of days ago in the car.. On a single lane road at a red light I stop where I'm supposed to be, and a car pulls up beside me on my left. Because of where I am, the lane on the other side of the intersection is lined up with me, so I figure the car to my left is going to turn left.

Nope, guess again. The light turns, they stomp the gas and pass me going through the intersection and cut in in front of me, barely missing the person who is planning to turn left from the oncoming direction. With a "New driver" marker on the back of the car. *shakes head* So glad the person accompanying the new driver is coaching them on the correct way to drive.

(In BC, a driver with a learner's permit must display a red "L" on the back of the car while driving, and a newly licensed driver must display a green "N" and be accompanied by a sober licensed driver, restricted to certain hours of the day, etc.)