Need a mount for predator 212cc! Please Help!!

GoldenMotor.com

kksbunny

Nov 27, 2012
u.s virginia
i have a mongoose xr 75 (24 inch) bike with me, i want a rack with engine mount so i can mount the predator(harbor freight engine) 212cc on its back and ride it, i am kind of a newbie, i have built just one 50cc 4 stroke in my life, so please help. or some mount that will help me mount a motor on this bike. it has dual suspension. so there is no place in the frame, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Krishna Kathera.

hoping to look like this! :)
cvlt1

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
you are in for alot of work if you want to do this and its not realy a good idea for many reasons the main one being a 212cc is not street legal anywhere unless you are building it to be a motorcycle
another thing to think about is its 40LBS dry thats alot to ride with on a rack mount plus the rack needs to be real strong to hold it and take the beating this engine puts out its going to be almost the same weight

so with all that weight and power you are going to need a rim with at least 11 gauge spokes and a disk brake mount to mount the sprocket (unless you where going friction drive then just 11G spokes) and a way to put disk/drum brakes on brcause rim brakes or coaster brakes arnt safe with a 212cc

there is alot more to think about like reduction and transmissions and stuff like that and other safety things

not a easy engine to build a bike for and not a cheap build

Reactions: Doug Skullery