Its over

GoldenMotor.com

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
Well Im back from court and as I thought the case was dismissed and thrown out But Be warned. If you continue to use your gas mbs on public roads in florida Particularly volusia county be warned. If the sherrifs or police see you on one of those things They WILL arrest you possibly throwng you in jail and you will have your day in court just like i did. the police here have nothing better to do so stay off public roads or avoid the police at ALL COSTS!!

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
This is the tea party police state of Florida ! :(

I got pulled over on an electric bicycle and the cop walked all around my bike then said I better take it home and I did.

The tea party police state of Florida is not bicycle friendly. :(

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Well I'm so GLAD to hear there is no violence, theft, or vice for the crime fighters to deter and they are now able to rid the public of menacing cheap transport.

A job well done.

Sry to hear u were put thru the wringer over this matter.
rc

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Well I'm so GLAD to hear there is no violence, theft, or vice for the crime fighters to deter and they are now able to rid the public of menacing cheap transport.

A job well done.

Sry to hear u were put thru the wringer over this matter.
rc
Every time I do my can ride I almost fill by trike basket up with beer cans on the side of the road and every time I pass up at least 1 can that was used for a crack pipe and that is just a 10 mile ride !

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Well Im back from court and as I thought the case was dismissed and thrown out But Be warned. If you continue to use your gas mbs on public roads in florida Particularly volusia county be warned. If the sherrifs or police see you on one of those things They WILL arrest you possibly throwng you in jail and you will have your day in court just like i did. the police here have nothing better to do so stay off public roads or avoid the police at ALL COSTS!!
Congrats on your dismissal, but i'm sorry to hear about the hassle you've been thru.

It will be asked of you, so I might as well do it now:

Can you kindly post your info on the case so that others may have some case precedents just to reference to just in case it happens to me/ us?

Thanks man.

:)

Last edited:

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Congrats on your dismissal, but i'm sorry to hear about the hassle you've been thru.

It will be asked of you, so I might as well do it know:

Can you kindly post your info on the case so that others may have some case precedents just to reference to just in case it happens to me/ us?

Thanks man.

:)
If you ride a bicycle enough in Florida you will get hassled motor or not.

Putting a motor on it just gives them an excuse to hassle you.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I think it depends on where you live in Florida. Saint Johns County doesn't seem to care at all. They did pull one guy over here in Saint Augustine for riding at night without any lights. All they did was tell him to get some and let him go.

Terry

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Yeah, tell us, what happened in court? Will they let you ride on the streets or no? If it was dismissed, then we're all good to go, right? No?
What's the skinny?

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
Ok guys heres the lowdown. The state attourney was reading the charge and from the tone of her voice she sounded like this was the most ridiculous charge she has ever seen and the judge agreed. They pretty much told me the case is dismissed and im free to go but any bike like that must be registered or kept off public roads until the laws are straightened out. to keep the police off our backs dosent matter to me now becuase i sold the bike and am planning to get a motor scooter.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Ok guys heres the lowdown. The state attourney was reading the charge and from the tone of her voice she sounded like this was the most ridiculous charge she has ever seen and the judge agreed. They pretty much told me the case is dismissed and im free to go but any bike like that must be registered or kept off public roads until the laws are straightened out. to keep the police off our backs dosent matter to me now becuase i sold the bike and am planning to get a motor scooter.
Ya see, that's what gets me...
They dismiss the case as if it's "a ridiculous charge", yet they basically tell you, it needs to be registered or kept off public roads... CONFUSING, to say the least!
So, for that brief time, when the DMV allowed us to register them, we were good to go, but now it's still a complete clusterfuq.
Gotta love it! (/sarcasm)

My thoughts on your case is this...
If they dismissed the charge, why can't you just continue to ride? Isn't there some kind of double jeopardy attached to you and the bike now? (Or is that only if it goes through a jury trial?). If they dismissed it, I would see that as a win and would carry the police report, ticket, and trial dismissal with you as a defense against law enforcement bothering you ever again. No?

Last edited:

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Ya see, that's what gets me...
They dismiss the case as if it's "a ridiculous charge", yet they basically tell you, it needs to be registered or kept off public roads... CONFUSING, to say the least!
So, for that brief time, when the DMV allowed us to register them, we were good to go, but now it's still a complete clusterfuq.
Gotta love it! (/sarcasm)

My thoughts on your case is this...
If they dismissed the charge, why can't you just continue to ride? Isn't there some kind of double jeopardy attached to you and the bike now? (Or is that only if it goes through a jury trial?). If they dismissed it, I would see that as a win and would carry the police report, ticket, and trial dismissal with you as a defense against law enforcement bothering you ever again. No?
For once (in a blue moon) I agree with you Sang.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
This is why there's no proactive action in the laws - people get scared and quit when things get rocky.

I understand - but don't support - your decision to sell your bike.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
tbolt76: maybe I have you confused with someone else. Are you the one that is legally blind? If so, how can you pass an eye test to get a license? If that isn't you forget about the above questions! :)

Terry

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
If the OP's case was dismissed, I would think that would give him basis to continue to ride basically, without incident, from there on in. At least in the area the court has jurisdiction over.
?!?

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
If the OP's case was dismissed, I would think that would give him basis to continue to ride basically, without incident, from there on in. At least in the area the court has jurisdiction over.
?!?
Your right. They basically said that there is no legal reason for the citation. If that is true where this case was heard it should apply state wide. The same laws, or lack of, every where in Florida.

Terry

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
However, they told him, until a gas bike can be registered (which would also mean Driver's Licensing requirements) he can't ride it on public roads. And since he (and most others) don't have a DL, it's kinda a moot point/shallow victory.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Lots of people say lots of things, doesn't make what they say right OR law.

What matters is that on paper, he was found at such length to have not committed any crime that the case was dismissed before trial.

It's only a moot point in his personal case because he sold his bike after it all was done.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Lots of people say lots of things, doesn't make what they say right OR law.

What matters is that on paper, he was found at such length to have not committed any crime that the case was dismissed before trial.

It's only a moot point in his personal case because he sold his bike after it all was done.
Take that up with him.... Why would he get rid of it, before he went to court.. That makes no sense.. However they did tell him not to ride it again (at least on public roads)... Isnt that what they said?