what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I would like to thank all the participants in this thread, and Skarrd for starting it.

Great fun to post, and perhaps even more to stay in the action when I'm not able to spend time with my chinagirl.

Yah, I'm not only rusty, but I'm a clutz!
This collection of metal comes from a GARDENING axydent!

Turned my foot under while transplanting some sprouts, got up and foot felt like mush and I crashed into a bunch potted plants. lol Broke some kinda little bone in there, xray says..

Borrowed what sticks that I could, then the insurance company sprung for this AWESOME wheeled chair with a seat AND a basket!
It's a Nova Get-Go Model 420three.

The seat and basket are important. price is $110 online and I advise this as an option when the inevitable two wheel incident occurs.

Best
rc

Attachments

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

:eek: That sucks RC! Need to hook up one of these to steer like an outboard motor:

...but seriously, take it easy and get better buddy.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

I was just gonna say need to motorize it!:D

Sorry to hear about the injury man. Hope you get better soon!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

Tnx KillerC,

I gotta pass! lol
I'm just gonna take it ez for a bit.

So I took my new Cadillac out in the yard to whack weeds today.
Really dumb, but I'll get evicted if I don't keep the weeds down.
Gotta do what yah gotta do.

HCS, I really wanna watch that vid, but my link wouldn't load !

This is NOT good.
Gardening is hazardous to your health!
The fooote is all swollen and throbbing... Yow!
I won't EVEN post a pic of it ! lol
Hurts!!!!!

and I remember Happy's crash vid... he got up, mounted his steed, and took off again!
Ah, to be young and tough again! :)

Life is tough, can't get away from that...
I'm too big to hide and too fat to run... being a clutz doesn't help and age is another impediment!

Nothing worse than an aging hipster! lol
Which austin powers movie did that come from? lol

I'll tell yah, this new Cadillac walker with the seat is awesome, but the littler one, Gosh! I really torqued it a few times and it is TOUGH!

PT girl came over to see me again today... told me 4 to 6 weeks.
Nah, I can't DO that! I gotta get better faster so I can ride my motorized bicycle!
We're coming into the nicest WX a person could ask for!
Just perfect for motor bicycling.

Best to all
rc

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

I got up and dragged the bike out of the road! Some nice editing, eh? After the necessary light repairs, I did get back on it and go wash up.

The video was a motorized wheelchair doing 60mph. Buy this man a beer!
http://youtu.be/EI8bWlJGyc8 Here's the youtube link.

Today I went to the mower shop and got a handful of premium see-thru fuel line, a grommet, a vent, and a drop-in filter. The shop clerk wasn't the happiest because I "didn't have a model number". LOL. I let him mutter and grumble and bring me a box full of parts, since he didn't want to look it up on his computer: Tanaka PF-3300. And this, from a Tanaka shop!

I miss Staggs! Too far away, though. Old Kerry Staggs probably knows more about mowers and trimmers than most shops ever knew. I'll have to ride this bike over there some day and let him marvel at it. Maybe he'll help me sell Dax Friction Drives.

If you are near Garland, Seagoville, Balch Springs, or Mesquite, this guy and his crew can fix ANYTHING if it can be fixed! They will have parts for anything from Sherman Tanks to 60mph wheelchairs with Kohler generator engines, and will humor you any day. If you want parts, you will get them today. If you want a motor, you will get it today. If you want anything else, you will wait. (months, depending on when you bring it in.) Be prepared though, if the Old Man, Gene, is still there, he may sexually harass you. Male or Female. Just punch him in the arm. hahahhhahaha This shop always cracks me up, and they might even have something for you in the mower boneyard, if you buy used stuff.

STAGGS LAWNMOWER SERVICE
2425 OAKRIDGE SUITE 100
BALCH SPRINGS, TX 75180
Phone: 972-285-1103
Fax: 972-289-0402
Email: [email protected]

(abbreviated quotes)
HCS, I really wanna watch that vid, but my link wouldn't load !

and I remember Happy's crash vid... he got up, mounted his steed, and took off again!
Ah, to be young and tough again! :)

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

Please sticky this thread! This is my favorite. This is better than the Snork thread. I check this thread all the time because it makes me happy to hear about people working on their favorite bikes, and I like all the jokes and stories. The internet is so full of poop, but I know there's always good news in here.

I made my own fuel tank today. I'm about to see how it does! I've got to get some straps to hold it to the front rack, then plumb the hoses along the top tube to the motor. Then I can ride all day!

http://motorbicycling.com/album.php?albumid=531&pictureid=4106&commentid=321#picturecomment321

http://motorbicycling.com/picture.php?albumid=531&pictureid=4106

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

I finished overhauling my Morini BoXer clutch. Holly molly I learned something new! Works pretty darn good! Made custom clutch washer shims from a feeler gauge set. Got three .038mm washers and.051mm washers. Working really well!. dnut

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee

Those wet clutches are like farming on Mars to me, cool to learn about but scary to try. :p

Got some decent fenders on the 29er today. Tomorrow is rerouting/cutting clutch cable for Ron's(Al.Fisherman) clutch roller. That should be sweet!

There's more info in my thread: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=33097&page=3
now that he has seen the light next he will be building a 4stroke... laff

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Nope no big bulky 4 strokes for me. The 50cc class one would not be powerful enough for what I am spoiled with now. I can't stand J shafts anymore and got bored the H.T.. They all all great motors. It's what ya make of them..And a big ol harbor freight motor would be Kewl as all get go! The law here says it is not a moped after 50cc. I saw the light me got's everything I need! 4 Morini's life is good.

Farming on mars lol that's what my garden has turned out to be this year.laff

I know what ya mean about the clutch but I got a handle on it. :p There is no such thing as I can't in my vocabulary. :)

Those fenders look sweet! Killer I like the way the whole bike came out!

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

You an your thumpers... :p I like to tinker, and I like the power of a properly tuned 2-smoke over a thumper. I've had Can-Am 250's that would keep up to CRF/YZF 450+ thumpers. But, that was just farm boys ripping around, but hey, boy's will be boys, and I kept up :)

Side growl at Can-am's left sided kickstart, now that you made me think of that bike, lols... :p

I miss the sound of that bike, left side kick notwhithstanding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu8cmN3K6e4

Throw one of those in your Delta yank xD

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

lol you guys! I don't know where that Mar's ref came from, I watched Space Battleship Yamato the other day, just popped in my head. (awesome movie btw, .srt needed though)

But yea, if your limits 50cc, 2 stroke is where the power is.

Sorry thumper guys... :(

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Yeah fined tuned Morini 2 stroke will run circles eights around a 50cc four stroke.:Ddnut

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon

Well I bought those cheap turn signals for my bike ( the 7.00 dollar ones) off ebay and installed them. Actually they are great because Oregon requires turn indicators on regular bicycles at night ( motorized biikes considered regular bicycle here) and off I went into the night.

They are kinda cheesy but decent but during my ride I vibrated off the clip that attaches to the brake wire and the rear brake light of course stopped working. Fortunately I had a second set i bought and put the clip back on and took small thin slices of electrical tape and wrapped them around that clip several times.

Rode all day today and it works like a charm!

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee

can buy 6 99cc preds for the cost of 1 morini

but if im going to ride a smoker I would rather ride this,,,,

700cc Silk the red cycle

see I have nothing against a 2stroke....