New NC member - built two - kit from Gasbike.net

GoldenMotor.com

powerx86

Feb 17, 2009
North Carolina
New NC member - built two - kit from Gasbike net

Hey thanks for letting me join the guys/gals here. Great place for information. I just finished two bikes with painted tanks. Got 80cc Jet kit from GASBIKE NET went great. Made sure got loc-tite for some of the nut/bolts but all is good and I recommend the kit. Here are finished bikes one is a 79.99 Magna (Target bike) and the other is Schwinn Jaguar (Target also).... Wanted to build both types. Also replaced brakes on Magna with V-Brakes like the Schwinn.

Has anybody else use the gasbike net kit - I want to go to a 36T with the #415 chain that came with kit. After running these things I feel that will allow me to cruise at 25MPH without pushing engine with lower RPMs. The bikes will do about 31 mph on the flats but you dont want to run them there for extended times because of the wear and vibration I feel on pedals. So I feel the 36T will extend the life and cruising at 20-25 is perfect for this type of bicycle. I am an avid road biker (cyclist - me as the motor) and a avg of 20MPH thru a ride is a fast clip (for those that bike also).

If anybody can point out what the 44T from GASBIKE NET is a 6MM or 8MM and what vendor I can get a standard 36T on this thing would be great. I also put one of those BELL tube inserts that have no air in the rear tire from Walmart. I do not want to change the rear tire for flats. It works great. Just did it for rear because it is difficult/timely to remove rear wheel. So far great hobby.

Please let me know where I can get a 36T that is reasonable and what the standard gasbike net 44t is a 6mm or 8mm mount.

Thanks again for letting me join.

brnot

Attachments

Last edited:

powerx86

Feb 17, 2009
North Carolina
They were $19 and some change at Wal-Mart. I would recommend if you do not want to deal with flats. They weigh more so I only recommend one for the rear.....

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
A NC meet is needed here in the future. Im around Charlotte....Theres a few of us around here. Whats your location?.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
just a note...ive run solid inner tubes on both tires on a bicycle but on my motorised bikes i only run them on the front...they do have a tendency to shift a little...and remember you must have a wheel size of 26 x 1.75....2.125 are to big for the tubes...other than that they are great...i just run good liniers and tape upthe spokes with gray tape and run torn proof inner tubes on the back..never had a flat yet...cross my fingers...good luck...Dennis

powerx86

Feb 17, 2009
North Carolina
Guess what we are in Charlotte too! Going to use them at Bristol Race in a couple of weekends. Near Airport off Shopton road. I commute back and forth from Charlotte and Raleigh (not on the bikes), but love to see your creation too!

Just send me a private Message and then I will email u back.

Good to know some NC boys have done this too!