Finish One Start Another One!

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I was looking back through some old posts and came on to one by Joe that said. "Trouble is with these bikes is as soon as you finish one, you want to start another"! Damn, I'm glad someone else feels that Way! I was afraid this hobby was taking me over. I build one, and go into so much detail with highly machined and polished parts, and as soon as I can't find anything else to do to it I start searching for another old bike on craigslist. I just started my fourth and I think the wife thinks i'm crazy. The one upside to this is it is one of the cheaper hobbies I have had. Especially since I will start selling them as soon as I decide on the two keepers.

John

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I only wish I could find what I'm looking for. Everytime I find one on Craig's, it's gone before I can get to it. I've been staying logged onto Craig's the last few days and there hasn't been a thing. Looking for an old tanker, any brand, early vintage. Then, I'll start my 2nd build and I want it right. And you're right about the cost. I have less in my bike than one wheel of the hot rod.
Tom
PS. Really looking forward to seeing that orange (red) thing when it's finished.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I only wish I could find what I'm looking for. Everytime I find one on Craig's, it's gone before I can get to it. I've been staying logged onto Craig's the last few days and there hasn't been a thing. Looking for an old tanker, any brand, early vintage. Then, I'll start my 2nd build and I want it right. And you're right about the cost. I have less in my bike than one wheel of the hot rod.
Tom
PS. Really looking forward to seeing that orange (red) thing when it's finished.
I know exactly what you mean about them being gone as soon as you see them. There was an old guy right here in my neighborhood that had a $400 Fuji on there for $25, he didn't know what he had. It was spoken for immediately, and the guy came from 50 miles away to buy it. WAAA

John

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
yer i know how u feel ret. we dont have craiglist over here in Oz but im always on ebay and in the 2nd hand church shops looking for a nice frame bike.
I like the frame u hav there, very easy and simple to motor.
Good luck with it

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
These are definitely as fun to build as they are to ride.

The Chinese give us shop guys just enough in the kit to entice us to make the rest.

If we made the engine and all, it would be so time consuming, and expensive, that it would be a one time build.

Once they are finished; they are easy to sell. It's a fun hobby that pays for itself. Everyone that comes in the shop will spend as much or more time talking bikes than they do on thier own projects.

Jim