Caution! Fenders are Death!

GoldenMotor.com

a.graham52

Nov 22, 2013
island of misfit toys, maine
Anyone ever thought of drilling small holes in the fenders and wire-tieing them to the bike as backup incase the mounts do break? Would keep them from getting stuck under the tire or worse... But maybe it's just me.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, dang Slogger. Laughing to hard, here. (I'm the insensitive type)

There are lots and lots of posts on how to keep your evil and trying to kill you fenders. Honestly, I hate bikes without em. Pedal or motored. Just can't look cool with a mud skunk zebra stripes from head to yer crack.

Just part of fun of taking a poor and perfectly good bicycle and strapping a motor to it. Make sure stuff can't rattle off. (and kill you)

"next week on the MB chanel. We will explore REFLECTORS OF DEATH!" a look at the dangers..... (I got nothing)

Last edited:

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Hey Dan,
Do one on the "Stems o' Doom", where the rider is bombing down a long grade, WFO, breaking the 30 mph barrier when his handlebars bust off and he slams into an oncoming cement truck with them still clutched in his white knuckled death grip..
I'd pay a dollar to see that.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Hehe, that was good.

He was smart enough to remove the fenders of death but not smart enough to tighten the stem bolt.

Gotta love the taught cable eh?

Ah, youth!

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Hehe, that was good.

He was smart enough to remove the fenders of death but not smart enough to tighten the stem bolt.

Gotta love the taught cable eh?

Ah, youth!
Looks like the cable kept him from flying off there..
It brings back painful memories of ill conceived Honda 90 ramp jumping for sure.
That kid is one second away from finding out how that gooseneck and top tube can stuff up his solar plexus and bust his huevos. Then he gets to plow a rut with his mug.
Just

OUCH.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Shaggz, ya know when your a true, respected and admired member of the community, when you start a thread or thought and your forum mates trample and make jokes.

Your just part of the team.

(but really, sorry about that and blame BA)
(('Cause he lives several hundred miles from me))

Citi-sporter

Jun 16, 2014
North Bend, Or,
It's about that time that one would quickly learn to depart hanging onto the bars and kick the rest of the bike away before you landed.

That had to be a surprise landing.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
It's about that time that one would quickly learn to depart hanging onto the bars and kick the rest of the bike away before you landed.

That had to be a surprise landing.
I had cars all around me, being in the middle lane.
Already healing and brusies almost gone, still sore.

I hope shaggz is doing well, I think he underwent worst than I.

Anyways, its all for one and one for all. The bike and I made it home.

Ray

Attachments

Citi-sporter

Jun 16, 2014
North Bend, Or,
Yeah I've had a bike crash caused by a Baldface hornet going into the open part of my shirt on a down hill. They don't just sting you once, and their stings is worse than a yellow jacket's. Luckily I bailed into some Manzanita bushes which just balled me up a bit, missed the A'-A' lava near the road's shoulder by a few feet.

That one could have been really bad.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Henshooter:

That is a chinese repop of the original Duolamp assembly.

They are all over e-bay for various prices, with & without the "Stop" lettering.

Since you are in OZ, check your version of e-bay, but here is an example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cafe-Racer-Bobber-28-Ford-Tail-Light-Duolamp-Stop-Style-Chopper-/300860644009?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460cb11aa9&vxp=mtr

Hope that helps

What power do you run to them ,I'm guessing not from a synonym or the engines mag
Cheers Hen

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
There are 2 bulb sockets in the lamp

I am running an 1156 in the brake socket, and a 93 in the tail light socket.

You could use LED replacements & run a small 12v battery.

I have a 300w generator on the the engine, so power is not an issue:

Generator is at the downtube in front of the engine. It is the starter as well.