Disc Brake Kits?

GoldenMotor.com

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
I bought a tektro kit for disc brakes, not knowing what is involved. I realized after getting the kit that it's a bolt on for a bike that already has disc brakes.
Mine is clamp type. I got a used wheel from a bike shop that the rotor bolts up. Now I need to weld a caliper mount to my forks and use a longer cable to route there.

Now I'm waiting as I want to do a suspension fork (or a new frame) as I have an old dept. store bike that nothing is compatible with. I believe the disc front will work much better than the old clamps.

Outrunner

Dec 27, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
I bought a tektro kit for disc brakes, not knowing what is involved. I realized after getting the kit that it's a bolt on for a bike that already has disc brakes.
Mine is clamp type. I got a used wheel from a bike shop that the rotor bolts up. Now I need to weld a caliper mount to my forks and use a longer cable to route there.

Now I'm waiting as I want to do a suspension fork (or a new frame) as I have an old dept. store bike that nothing is compatible with. I believe the disc front will work much better than the old clamps.
Okay, Thank you Old MB, You provided just the info that I needed. I wondered
how the disc and caliper attached to the front forks! It sure starts to get kinda
expensive doesn't it? Tiger tooth bikes in the UK has developed a prototype disc
brake conversion kit, but it's not available yet. I E-mailed them and they responded
saying that they need more interested buyers before they built 5 or 10 at a time.
Man, we really NEED disc brakes on these bikes, I hope your project turns out ok.

Jun 25, 2008
Hi Guys,

The Kits we have developed (click here) will available towards the end of this month. This eBay trial is aimed to gauge the interest in the UK market. We will of course be then selling to the US and we have Outrunner and another user from this forum interested in becoming a distributor/dealer in the US. Once we have negotiated terms either with a dealer or by selling direct we will be selling them as standard on our fully built bikes and as kits. The biggest concern is due to the fact that we intend to sell the wheels as well, and the postage implications. We could just sell the bolt on calipers to be used on normal bicycle disc wheels, but for us motored bikers thats not much help. Our rear wheels have the drive sprocket adapted to the axle and therefore you need our hub. The other option therefore is to supply just the hub+disc+calipers and the end user get a wheel built around it. Let us know what you think..spr.