Urgent Centrifugal Clutch Change needed!

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hi guys. I am preparing my bike for the first clutch exchange (Centrifugal Clutch Kit) but I am having difficulties opening the nut in the center of the old installed clutch. Is there any trick to stop it from rotating so I can get the nut open without actually damage something? Thank you very much!

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I have done it two ways on my HT, by stuffing leather cord in the spark plug hole (but be sure to leave enough slack hanging out so you can remove it!) as well as using a penny between the large gear and small bevel gear. The penny will get caught between the gears and stop them from turning but is soft enough to not damage the gears.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Yes, that was the problem with the gears because I trie that but with a screwdriver but stopped before the pressure go too much. Anyways Joe, it worked. Thank you for the idea. I really dont like to mess with that area to keep it 100% clean from any particles but I found a plastic rope around here and I put some tape around it to make sure nothing falls inside of it. Worked well. Thank you!!

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Alright sorry but another question. Now that the screw is out the clutch still wont come off. Is it just stuck or there are any other screws or nuts I need to open first?

The nut on the other side with the magnet doesn't have to be removed in order to take the clutch out right? Its the first time I'm dealing with a One Cylinder engine, I just don't want to damage anything. Looks so fragile.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I just read about that in the search here, yes thank you. I didnt knew because the clutch will be shipped tomorrow. From what I could see on other peoples pictures of this clutch, mine is really dead now.

Im really thankful for all the fast help here toeverybody!