what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

BoDean_LP

Apr 25, 2012
Jeffersonville, Indiana
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Put a Briggs tube muffler inside my broken exhaust pipe. Used Tiger Patch wrapped around the Briggs tube to make it fit snugly, then drilled and put a bolt through the pipe to hold the tube muffler in. Sounds good, runs good, problem solved.

Where'd I ride to? Rode an abandoned railroad bed from Clarksville, IN to New Albany, IN, then rode along the Ohio River back to Clarksville, then back home to Jeffersonville, IN. Not to mention my trip to Sunday night church a couple miles up the road. It's fun having a China Girl as a daily driver . . .

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID

Guy came over couple days ago. He'd been here before, we got his bike to going after he made contact with me here. He'd been back a few times, need ing this and that. This time it was a spring clip lock for the master link. Seems he was helping a friend on his build and it snapped. I just happened to have one for a Chinee chain. I'm switching to 41 chain on my bike so there was no problem with that.

I'll be getting back to what I was doing as soon as the new aircleaner gets here. Didn't want to have problems with clearance. I got the smallest K&N to fit the Dellorto I could find but I had to have it before making motor mounts. Now I can move ahead :)

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

I rode mine about 45-50 miles today, to do some farm work. I made the round trip (20-25mi each way) on less than 1/2 gallon of fuel. The US Plastics tank was great. I filled it up 90% before I left, and it never sloshed or spilled out of the cap. The ride was very stable and it was nice to just floor it the whole way without worrying about running out of gas.

superharry

Mar 10, 2012
Mira Loma, CA.

I took a ride to my AAA office to pay for my truck tags & insurance. Talked to a guy that has a china girl, said he was going to the Venice ride on the 20th. From Riverside...

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

think i may have broken my connecting rod :<

went over a really nasty bump and now i hear rattling inside the engine.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

welp wasn't the connecting rod, or anything inside the engine for that matter. hhmm nothing to worry too much about i guess, just keep an eye on the drive train.

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N

well ive got everything pretty good sofar i found out that when t took the filter off it ran just right i recken cause of the cns carb more air thru it is better cause of the way my float is so i took a pair of knee high <black> and streched it over and still bogen so now i just covered with one layer before it two layered so may be this will help someone else but i have yet to run it with one layer <rain> reply if u no of some thing better tried another filter same bogin but without it is really startin to be funnnn

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

Rubber plumbing boot over carb or velocity stack, hose clamp or zip tie over big Ace bandage. Works great, lasts a long time, and it's washable or disposable. A $3 roll makes 15+ filters.

You can even lay out the new patches on a board and hit them with spray paint a little bit, still works well.

well ive got everything pretty good sofar i found out that when t took the filter off it ran just right i recken cause of the cns carb more air thru it is better cause of the way my float is so i took a pair of knee high <black> and streched it over and still bogen so now i just covered with one layer before it two layered so may be this will help someone else but i have yet to run it with one layer <rain> reply if u no of some thing better tried another filter same bogin but without it is really startin to be funnnn

She

Apr 28, 2012
NY

Had to take everything off because I put the donut pads on wrong. Put the 2 donuts on the rim on one side when your suppose to one inside the rim AND outside the rim. I didn't have to unscrew everything but everything needed to be loosened. DUH!

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID

Had to take everything off because I put the donut pads on wrong. Put the 2 donuts on the rim on one side when your suppose to one inside the rim AND outside the rim. I didn't have to unscrew everything but everything needed to be loosened. DUH!
Well, if it's any consolation you're not the first. Sometimes someone complains that their chain rubs real bad, we get a photo and it's obvious. Any instructions (if you get any at all)are garbled from being interprited from Chinese to French to German to English or whatever and 5th generation photocopied grainy photo's don't help. There's almost no help on youtube. Videos are, "here is the throttle and here is the gas tank." kind of videos. Hardly a good instructional among them.

Oh, I went an bought primer and flat black paint, 6 cans of each. That otta repaint the whole bike.usflg

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

Yeah, the HT kits are fun, but I bet a whole lot of people get that box thinking it's just going to bolt on and they have no idea what they are getting into.

When you hear the sound of it running, it's fun enough to keep liking them, but the xerox papers that fell out of my box weren't much help. Luckily it came with all kinds of spare brackets and stuff, even a piece of slingshot tubing for a fuel hose.

I got mine all bolted up and wired up then discovered the muffler wasn't going to clear the frame. So I ended up using a lawnmower muffler. hahaha

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

lol, throttle rod went bye bye while i was riding it >.< never to be seen again.

picked up several paperclips and fashioned a temporary rod to last until i get a fix for it.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh

worked on ol sgt scruffy,hooked up new clutch handle,so now it locks.put new light on her, disapointment didnt work.check later,ohm meter at work.polished chrome rack from 80's thats on the drifter looks new now.then got rain on motorcycle so finished evening cleaning her up.

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N

Rubber plumbing boot over carb or velocity stack, hose clamp or zip tie over big Ace bandage. Works great, lasts a long time, and it's washable or disposable. A $3 roll makes 15+ filters.

You can even lay out the new patches on a board and hit them with spray paint a little bit, still works well.
thanx im gettin on it right now

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

lets see, got a 60t rear sprocket in the mail yesterday.

put it one mated to the 30t front sprocket. chain super loose.
switch the front to a 24t, chain right. So i take it for a ride, accelerates super hard to 10mph, then just slowly putters up to 25.

Adjust driven pulley for speed bias, bike gets to 26 easily but develops a problem of vibrating super, SUPER bad making things come loose.

switch it back to the 40t rear and 24t front. chain super loose again.
switch it back to before 40t rear and 30t front, chain tight, pulley still biased for speed, bike can't get faster than 20mph.

switch pulley back to acceleration bias, bike can get to 27mph now, but the belt is now super loose and slips alot. thinking it got overheated and stretched badly.

so in the end i'm back to square 1, and now have two belts in the mail to replace the stretched one.
:/
i just can't win with this ratio set up.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

What do you plan on running the 60T with? The 24 might not be enough? 5-7 and The Aleman are masters of ratios. I've also read that you can adjust your spring tension on each cvt pully too eh. So there's a lot to experiment with there. scotto- would know a crap ton, being a racer and all. And wayne_z experimented with some different springs/tensions at one point too.

So anyways,

I haven't been doing too much. I tried to get an alumiweld type stick working, but it's proving frustrating. Turned out pointless actually. I'm just gonna break out the JB-weld, and quit farting around with the new torches, and RTV's that don't work.

Drag racers don't use tunnel rams for the look of them! :p

Plugging away,
Greg.

Last edited:

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

What do you plan on running the 60T with? The 24 might not be enough? 5-7 and The Aleman are masters of ratios. I've also read that you can adjust your spring tension on each cvt pully too eh. So there's a lot to experiment with there. scotto- would know a crap ton, being a racer and all. And wayne_z experimented with some different springs/tensions at one point too.

So anyways,

I haven't been doing too much. I tried to get an alumiweld type stick working, but it's proving frustrating. Turned out pointless actually. I'm just gonna break out the JB-weld, and quit farting around with the new torches, and RTV's that don't work.

Drag racers don't use tunnel rams for the look of them! :p

Plugging away,
Greg.
the final ratio would have been around 10:1 with the 60t and the 24t. but it felt like it was making the cvt spin too fast or something.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

Finally. FINALLY! I had some time when the weather and temperature were just right to use the Caswell tank liner/sealer. I'll try to find some time to download the pic. But there's no thread on this tank. I'd rather people learned from Tinsmith or Barely or one of the others who've been doing this a while. Now, I will need to start sanding, priming, painting, and so on.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

I checked over every nut and bolt that could rattle loose.
The ones that were got Loc-tite blue added before tightening.
Tightened up the chain a little bit too.
I got to looking at the Maxxis Hookworms that scotto- has on his racer.
I really want to run some myself but it does not look like there will be enough room for them to fit under the fenders, clear the chain, ect.
No, I will not remove the fenders either.

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina

Hey Gearnut, I'm sure you already know this but if 3" tires are a little too wide I have seen some 2.5 inchers. I can't remember the brand but they had road tread.