can not start the engine.

GoldenMotor.com

aportiz

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago
Hi
Every body.
I need Help.

I got 6 year installing motor on bicycles and this is the first time i can not get
an engine to start.

This is what happen: i bought a lot of 20 engines every one work with out no problems but i have one that i install on a bike put a bout 10 miles on it and
after that can not start any more. change the spark plug, cdi, coil, magneto,
carburetor, cylinder bottom gasket, head gasket, i thing that i did everything
i can to get it start. Any body have a solution.? that happen to any body.?
can you gays give me some advise of what is going on or what can possible
happen.?

Thank's

Aportiz

tim turbo

Nov 18, 2009
fergus falls mn.
Did you check to see if you have spark? Is there gas in it? Is gas getting to spark plug?I would do a bunch of checking before I would throw abunch of parts at it. Just saying!

aportiz

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago
this is fanny gays, but i not give up until i find out what is going on, because
the angle of the engine is ok. gas is flooding everything is check ok. the engine is slant head my next step probably is going to be strait plug head.

thanks gays for you input.

Aportiz

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Check it for air leaks. pressurize the whole engine to about 3 PSI through the intake port or spark plug hole and spray the whole thing down with Windex or Mr. Bubbles.

3PSI max or you risk popping the crankshaft seals out. Easy enough to reinstall, but why make more work for yourself.

Here's a video of it being done:
Leak Down Test For 2-Stroke Engines.avi - YouTube

Edit:
The guy in the video says 9 PSI, but I would not recommend going above 5 with these Chinese engines.

Last edited:

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
I know silly enough, but are you sure the engine is turning over, my clutch was slipping and the engine would not fire off due to not turning.

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
English speak good you do.
Sorry, just kidding, spark? compression? fuel? no vacuum leaks? is it turning over?
Thats the problem with buying engines in lots... sooner or later your gonna get a lemon, so make lemonade, check it for vac leaks,
FR

Last edited: