new project bikes

GoldenMotor.com

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
word!, just got back from walmart, was in there for three hours due to a code black(tornado) in chicago no less, so got these 2 bikes, a panama jack ($150) and a cranbrook($75). good deal for a semi decent frame with alright components, can u go wrong, chrome motors on the way courtesy of the canadians....

Attachments

vddy

Jul 11, 2010
Auckland, NZ
Those are really awesome. And for that price. What are they like to ride and how difficult were they to fit kits to? Any pics?

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
got the cranbrook done, ordering new hd39 rear wheel w/ jims hub adapter. also have a set of 11 high wald cruiser bars on the way for it.also repainting the chain gaurd, fenders,adding a front brake, chamber pipe, 7mm ignition wire, ngk plug and a billet intake. should be a nice reliable bike. rides great, but unfortunatly the frame is worthless chinese junk. along with the motor-lol.ill update pics later...built this bike for my sister

Attachments

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I've been checking out some of Wal-Marts bikes also. Did you notice that they're using thicker spokes and the wheels on some of them are wider? Even wider than the 2.125s that we're used to. I've considered whether to purchase a Husky rear wheel for my $5 yard sale 24 incher or, just go and get a newer bike for $80 bucks! Tough call! I'm sure some will bust on Wally-world's bikes but, for what you pay, it's not bad! I"ve got over 1600 miles on my Cranbrook with very few problems. I just wish they had these same options when I bought mine less than a year ago.