Re-introducing myself

GoldenMotor.com

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Wanted to re introduce myself been away for a while and after looking around so many changes have happened in the motorized bike world I feel like a newbie again which is kinda exciting and challenging.
Built quite a few motorized bikes in the past but just have a few left. My pride and joy in my Indian copy. But I also do custom or reproduction headbadges in brass which keeps me busy these days.
Cant wait to see all the changes I've missed..
Terry

Attachments

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I just took a ride on my last two builds, both for sale.

Busy dealing with my heart problem, and work, so I guess that's bad news/good news.

Overall, I am doing O.K. Thanks!

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
welcome back, and nice ta meet ya.

so, how much do custom badges cost?
Well they run about 33 bucks shipped.

Which works out to 10 to draw you something up.
20 bucks to etch it
and about 3 bucks to ship it.

If you do your own art work...take 10 off

I tried to do this on a budget based plan so anyone that wanted one could afford it. Most others I seen started at 75 or so and way up and they are probably worth that. I tried to recreate them as they were minus the big hydraulic press they were stamped out of. But a lot of the older bikes pre war the badges were usually trashed so I try to recreate them as best I can.
Heres a Western Flyer badge I did for a friend that the edges were worn off of. Not exactly perfect but close...but theres a lot of things that be reproduced or first time. It just seemed like something that needed to be done at a more cost friendly price for everyone.
But right now they are done mainly in brass but can also be done in copper...and I hope to be doing small plating in a zinc for the mild chrome look....but thats still up in the air.
But its about a 4 to 6 hour process.
hope this help answer your question....and nice to meet you also.
Terry

Attachments

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Thanks guys I try my best to make something that a person would be happy to put on the front of their bikes.
Terry

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Loookin goood!!!!! nice work.
I went down into the west end on my birthday to order bike parts and check out a new lounge and both turned out to be closed - on my way back i blew out my rear tire
"BOOM" and that was it.

I had to push my bike all the way home and boy was I ever mad because I could not even stop for a nice cold Labatts Blue pilsner beer being that it just happend to the Queen Victorias birthday also!!! I was so mad ,I ended up calling her a toilet beetle!!!

Any way I looked on the brightside and found out that there was four good points.
The problem was not my motor. I burned off lots of calories in the hot Sun of Greatness.
The bolw out happend slow on the side walk and not fast on the street -I could have easily been killed. I learned valuable info- always replace a damadged side wall tire with a new tire -really is a matter of life and death.

The only bad point was that I had to push a bike home across the city.

So, 4 to 1 and I win!!!!
Keep up the good work Jez.