Bike Wont Start, Again!

GoldenMotor.com

Watts

Mar 22, 2010
Ontario
After replacing new carb, new magneto, new killswitch, and new CDI bike was up and going better than ever. Started using 50:1 ratio with synthetic 2 stroke premium high rpm oil (change from reg 2 storke) and 91 octane gas (as usual).

Did about 130km or so and stopped the engine before making a turn waiting for traffic...and could not start bike back up.

Tried adjusting choke up down, choke spring level adjustments, pedalling my ass off and I am in great shape...nothing would get the bike moving forward faster than 2km/hr before shutting down after 50-60 seconds.

I am going to check my float bowl and inlet needle and air filter to see if any clogs, as I noticed some gas dripping a bit from the bottom of float bowl and air filter. On a side note I disconnected the killswitch due to it not working correctly despite being a brand new switch and wired based on the new wiring diagram on this forum.

I did notice however that when bike was running it took much longer for me to get it started, then it did before. I used to be able to leave the bike for 2 days without running, peddle 10 meters and go. Now I have to peddle for awhile while adjusting the choke till the bike kicks in. Also when holding clutch and brake it wont idle the engine as well as it use to....it tends to just turn off the engine now but before it would let me idle the engine for awhile at a stop sign.

Gonna check carb / float bowl / inlet needle / air filter...will keep you posted and any additional ideas while I am at it tomorrow would be great

Thanks

Watts

PS I highly doubt it but would flip out if it was another burned magneto despite having the wiring correct (As shown in this forum in a posted diagram) blue-blue / black-black with killswitch green to black and kilswitch yellow/orange to blue

Last edited:

Watts

Mar 22, 2010
Ontario
I checked the air filter it was clean, checked the float bowl and gas connections all fine and clean. Check inlet needle and cleaned fine. Replaced new CDI with old one. Still bike will not move forward, Im starting to worry that my new magneto that is only 10 days old is shorted???!

I hooked the wiring up with killswitch like all the elite members recommend on this forum, and capped off the white. Are these magnetos that cheap / finiky that its possible despite wiring correctly its another bad magneto??

Only reason im thinking its magneto is because I have checked the carb / intake / filters / gas flow / tank / throttle valve, needle etc. And even replaced the CDI back to the original one I had when I had my first magneto go.

Thanks

Watts

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I personally use the white wire for my killswitch and not the blue wire, cause thats what it said in my manual, some manuals may say diffrent. And everything on mine still works after 1,300 miles and over 1 year.

I think you may want to use a tester to check your mag and cdi to make sure there good. But i belive using the blue wire shouldnt cause those problems and it maybe be something else.

Last edited: