new member in Ireland

GoldenMotor.com

James L

Mar 17, 2010
Ennis, Co Clare, Ireland
Hi I'm James. I just fitted a Gas Bike 66cc engine kit and eventually after bleeding the carb it started and ran for about 15 minutes. Will not start again. Seems to be a lack of spark. I'm in the same boat as Freaked Out member. Dont know whether it's the plug or ignition unit. Did connect plug to car and it sparks. Wiring all seems to be ok. Did remove kill switch from system and made no difference. Any more advice. Thanks, bye for now James.:-||

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Welcome James!
Most of these early ignition deaths seem to be magneto related. Some can be repaired as it appears that sometimes it is simply one of the windings on the mag gets disconnected. Replacements are cheap though.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
If you made the same mistake as me and mixed the oil in the tank the oil is heavier than fuel and goes to the bottom fast if you drain the bowl out it will likely fix it. It's hard as heck to get it started when it gets oil soaked in there. Nice big hill is your friend.

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Welcome to the fun, James!

Did you put a fuel filter on it? These gas tanks, when new, seem to have a lot of crud in them and have a habit of either plugging up your fuel filter or plugging up your carb.

That's my two cents!

.wee.