Trying to get my wife riding

GoldenMotor.com

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
So, I built a pretty decent bike (again). My first build was a huffy Panama Jack, and it was GREAT. Now, that I have some experience, I built a nice mountain bike, 66cc Chinagirl, SBP Jackshaft, with front and rear disc brakes hooked to the single pull lever. Finally got it tuned great, and I'm pretty happy with it.

My wife finally got used to riding twist and go scooters. I want her to get into riding the motorized bicycle. She rode it, and didn't like it (gears, clutch, too large).

So, I went and bought a pullstart kit, and a Centrifugal clutch kit for the bike. I'm hoping she will ride it more often now.

Once I get my Centrifugal clutch hooked up, I am going to go back to the font brakes on right, rear brakes on left. It'll be set up just like a scooter (but with different gears).

What do you guys think? You think that'll make it easier?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

.cs.I'll post pictures when it's done!!.crt.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Good luck! Mine didn't like the 2 stroke I built her. Go 4 stroke, auto. If she liked the scooter, a 4 stroke with something like an EZ and a HF operates much the same.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Good luck.
I built a bike specifically for my wife. I was never able to get her to even sit on it, let alone ride it. Strange thing is when I first met her she owned a 650 Honda and rode it a lot. She had a 70cc Honda before that. She still has a MC endorsement on her driver's license. She currently has two pedal bikes, a cruiser and a mountain bike. But, motorbikes? She just isn't interested. Never has been, probably never will be. Rats!

I finally sold her bike to a friend and neighbor so I'd have room for more projects.

Tom

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Well, I'm going to try anyways. I already paid for the stuff. I'm going to put it in as soon as I get them, and we'll see what happens.

She rode the scooter almost every day. The bike is more cumbersum. It's not as smooth as the scooter (she had a Yamaha Vino 50cc 2T). I ride a Genuine Stella 2t (identical to a Vespa 150 PX). She won't even get on mine because of the gears and clutch.

I will keep you guys posted. I bet I can get her to LOVE the motorized bicycle.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Most girls won't drive anything that doesn't have air conditioning or is too loud for them to talk on their cell phone.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
Most girls won't drive anything that doesn't have air conditioning or is too loud for them to talk on their cell phone.
sad but true i tryed to get my ex wife to ride anyone of my bikes it was either to loud to fast to heavy yada yada yada .

my 15 yr old sister when she comes down rides it all over the place

the simpler the better i imagine would make it slightly easier for the transition something auto queit and slow as all sin

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
I think I screwed up though. I took out the baffle in the exhaust. It's pretty damn loud now. I feel a little more grunt, but don't know since the bike hadn't completely warmed up.

I'll try it again when it's not after 9 PM and I'm not pi$$ing off the neighbors.