Stealth Build

GoldenMotor.com

roughrider

Jan 21, 2012
victoria, B.C.
A few days ago I was on my way to school and I got stopped by a roadblock. the cop said that it was a motor vehicle, and I couldn't ride it without plates or insurance. he almost gave me a bunch of fines, But he let me off with a warning. he did say however that I could still ride the bike, but without the engine running. this gave me ideas. I went to work and put the engine on a lighter frame, I actually managed to save the hydraulic rear disks!! there is about 3 mm clearance between the caliper and the chain.LOL I made a quiet intake and exhaust system and put engine covers in the frame. It actually hides the engine very well! the only downside to this build is that the fuel tank is quite small. about enough to get me to work and back. I am planning to put some heat resistant padding underneath the covers to absorb the engine noise. it echoes like crazy. now while I'm riding, I keep my thumb on the kill switch and ghost peddle!

btw I would like to post pictures, but my camera makes them too large a file.

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Be careful.... be very careful!

I believe I read a post that they are some hefty fines if not registered the correct way

Maybe a neighbor to our north will chime in and help

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
go to imageshack.us. upload the picture there. It'll resize it and also provide you a thumbnail forum code so you can post it small here and when someone clicks it it'll take them to the bigger picture.
Like this

You have to relink the "url=" link to go directly to the image otherwise it takes you to the imageshack website with your picture in the middle. Which is fine I guess.

There are other websites too but I like imageshack.us

I'd love to see how you did what you said!

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Very nice! What kind of material is that? I was wanting to do that with a light wood (maybe composite) but thought that cooling and vibrations might make it not work very well. I hope your motor doesn't overheat or anything

kolomootro

May 24, 2011
ohio
that's a good idea.hope the cops don't give you any trouble for just trying to get around.
although im not sure how well that engine will cool being covered like that.