changed mind probably nuts

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Here are a few pics of what I think is the 3rd one my son an I built I decided to motorize it instead , its been sitting in the basement for quite a while . I thought of a fresh look to this build new color (maybe) bars same style, new rims whitewalls , disc brakes . No bull crap this will be the first one ordering a grubee in the morning . an the only problem I can see is going to be keeping the chain tight since the rear suspension is functional . any other thoughts or concerns from anyone?

Attachments

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I hadn't considered a jack shaft , it makes a lot of sence . it rides great reallllllllly smmmmoooooootttthhhhh. only because of its length , from wheel hub to hub it is about 6 ft .

qwerty1

Sep 22, 2011
in a house
You will need a special mount plate. To use a china girl engine.
Or just add a bar about 10 inches right before the front of the rear shock mount.
The suspension part of the rear end is going to cause some trouble with a standard china girl install.
The shift kit is very useable with rear suspension.
as long as the derailuer chain is a Z72 chain or whipperman chain

Amazon.com: KMC Z-72 7-8sp chain (Dark Silver/Brown): Sports & Outdoors

Just my two cents.
I would look at a four stroke with a SBP shift kit

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Thanks alot after checking out the shift kit I see how it will benifit this build .I used to get a lil chain slap while pedaling it but the stresses are significantly different with a motor, now my only concern is going to be chain slap due to its extreem length but I figure a couple quality carriers , better chain an much stronger derailer should handle that .

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
Great looking build ! Good luck with the Grubee motor ? Not a big fan right now working with one right now PIECE OF CRAP ! hopefully you wont have to repace most of your kit with new parts to get it going GOOD LUCK

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I hope not as well but if I should have too then so be it , that would allow me to really trick it out with the aftermarket stuff , just sooner than planned.