How to fool the inspector?

GoldenMotor.com

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
I believe that I may have to go through and inspection of my bike when it's finished. I have a Honda GXH50 rated at 2.5HP. Our State has an obscure requirement about 2HP. The HS clone "was" rated @ 2HP. Where might the decals, sales info, anything that might be presented to the inspector at the time if an inspection is called for?;)

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Tell him to put it on the dyno, It will stall out before he gets a 0.1hp reading :)

That or your clutch will smoke before it gets the rollers up to speed.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Maybe get some stamps like for leather work... numbers and letters, and a piece of brass so you make your own plate for the engine. Glue it on with contact cement or drill very short holes and glue in or thread for small screws. Be devious.
SB

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Oh oh. Just put the stock intake gasket back on. It should drop the speed back down to 10kph and the inspector will believe you that its only 1hp :p

(Or make a metal gasket with just a tiny hole, lol)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Oh oh. Just put the stock intake gasket back on. It should drop the speed back down to 10kph and the inspector will believe you that its only 1hp :p

(Or make a metal gasket with just a tiny hole, lol)
he has a FOUR STROKE motor as in a Honda 50, not a Chinese 2 stroke....it pays to read the posts.
No one changes the intake gasket on the 4 strokes.
he will probably be using a centrifugal clutch too

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
he has a FOUR STROKE motor as in a Honda 50, not a Chinese 2 stroke....it pays to read the posts.
No one changes the intake gasket on the 4 strokes.
he will probably be using a centrifugal clutch too
maybe he did read it and just didn't know that about 4 strokes? i read it knew he was using a 4 stroke and didn't know that, so it seems very plausible to me that he was in the same boat, no need to be irate over it

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
I went out today and took the Honda out of the box for the first time. Although when I bought it from Small Engine Warehouse they advertized it as 2.5HP, and the specs on their site said 2.5, it's not on the engine anywhere I could see. The tag did show the displacement as 49C cubed. It also had manufactured in Japan on it. I remember reading somewhere on this site that some are made in Tiawan. The operators manual I got with it was in Deutsch, Nederlands, and Italiano, no Englisch.
It does have pictures and arrows pointing out the various features such as the kraftstoffeinfullverschluss which I'm thankful for.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
No Hondas are made in Taiwan, do not believe too much of what you read online.
The Honda 50 is one of the few CARB compliant motors for CA.
The GX 35 s are made in Thailand in a world class Honda factory.
no motors I know of say their HP on them.

Huasheng says 49.4 cc and are only EPA approved.

For the rest of you that are following along a DAX Titan is just a Huasheng
with his label stuck on it and they are 49.4 cc too even though DAX claims
48.8 cc on his website so he can fool the laws in Colorado and be under 49 cc. LOL

I went out today and took the Honda out of the box for the first time. Although when I bought it from Small Engine Warehouse they advertized it as 2.5HP, and the specs on their site said 2.5, it's not on the engine anywhere I could see. The tag did show the displacement as 49C cubed. It also had manufactured in Japan on it. I remember reading somewhere on this site that some are made in Tiawan. The operators manual I got with it was in Deutsch, Nederlands, and Italiano, no Englisch.
It does have pictures and arrows pointing out the various features such as the kraftstoffeinfullverschluss which I'm thankful for.

Last edited: