Exploded view of a HT bicycle engine

GoldenMotor.com

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
Re: Exploded view of HT

Happy time if you do it right...maybe not if you don't!

Jim
quay, augi and the rest of the old school crew from the other site are the ones that coined the phrase. when augi got banned I remember quay told the story of how they came up with the term.

not really sure of the meaning.... it kinda seemed like it was an inside thing.

edit:

I would normally post a link to the thread for evidence but I don't want to ruffle any feathers.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL Buz. I couldn't agree more.

I was more saying the folks on the other forum originally referred to the feeling a 2 stroke bicycle engine kit gave you as a "Happy Time" and coined the phrase.

Dunno, just sayin'

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

wow, was a whole bunch of posts as I typed that last. I kinda like "HT" China girl is even better. Just MHO.

Really like how both forums are now. About the fun of these things and mutual appreciation.

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal

never mind... the Gestapo mods over there burned the evidence.

I tried to find the thread but it was either moved to the cc or deleted altogether...it had a bunch of arguing that didnt look good, so it doesn't surprise me much.

I don't know where augi is beause he got banned, but quay1962 is still there... I'm sure if you asked nice she would tell you the story.

sorry for any confusion...

happy time if you do it right sounds good to me anyways...

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Great point Jim. Our Host Paul did a lot for us and our happy little world. He really did. I'll try not to ramble but early on he said he would not curtail free thought or duplicate threads. Just let free flow thoughts, questions and us crazy folks ramble. Changed the MB world and more importantly (INMHO) made it safe for folks to develop stuff (Like Jim's products) or DIY stuff. Add to that our Mods. We would only know whats in the box with out what we get to share here with out Paul, our Mods and the other forum. The other forum is nothing like it was way back. The mods there work as hard and are as good spirited as are our's. I say this often but MBers are about a half a bubble off plumb, but to the good. I have a true hatred for the sales/opportunistic folk but they are the exception that prove the rule. (ya can tell em quick. Most often on an inappropriate post)((MOST CERTAINLY NOT JIM OR CE) I in no way mean to suggest that in any way. Jim and CE are a great resource! If I had to design a tank for battle that I would ride in, I would ask him to build it. (but I'd make him ride with me as we got shot at so I could scream; "see! see?" The tank would survive fine but they would find us both dead from strangulation and or from gun shot wounds. snork

Dunno if this is important but I was banned from the other forum for saying "we should be kind to new folks" I also went off badly on the admin and should have been shut down. I lost it and was angry. Yrs later I did get to apologize.

LOL, waz my opening line some thing about "not gonna ramble"?

Hey and just a thought. As members of any community, how can we look out for each other? Be kinder to new folks? Create a place and forum to better share ideas and help each other?

Wow! this was way off topic even for me. sorry

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.

My pet peeve with that other forum is how they absolutely PANIC when ever the "P" word (performance) is mentioned, It's like certain people dont want your bike to be as good as possible(or just better than theres maybe?)
Just my opinion.
BBB

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com

My pet peeve with that other forum is how they absolutely PANIC when ever the "P" word (performance) is mentioned, It's like certain people dont want your bike to be as good as possible(or just better than theres maybe?)
Just my opinion.
BBB
It is a confusing conundrum Buz...There are many people who despise any aftermarket products that may improve the reliability of the Chinese kit...these same people will wave the flag and cry that China has robbed Americans of jobs.

It's a weird mentality...as a flag waving American they don't want anyone to profit...but they also don't want China to take away American Jobs...go figure that one out!!!

Jim

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.

It is a confusing conundrum Buz...There are many people who despise any aftermarket products that may improve the reliability of the Chinese kit...these same people will wave the flag and cry that China has robbed Americans of jobs.

It's a weird mentality...as a flag waving American they don't want anyone to profit...but they also don't want China to take away American Jobs...go figure that one out!!!

Jim
Believe me, i WISH the china girl engines were made here...
(Id love to have a little chat with there tool and die/casting guys)
But neither is the Morini...
and the generic China girl out sells the Morini 50 to 1.
As a builder I buy what works best and my customers are willing to pay for price point wise.
I don't get the attitude either.
"Dont you have any American bikes in here?"
yeah sure we do... they cost more... Cannondale
(we call em Crackendales)
Then I show them a spec sheet on a comparable Chinese or Taiwan bike and it shuts em right up.
I wonder just how strong that Pro American conviction really is.
I love my country, Its the Politicians im ashamed of.
BBB