A kit that interests me

GoldenMotor.com

bomb

Nov 18, 2010
Canada
This looks quite a usefull set up, but I would like see some detailed pictures of how the sprokets are mounted. Gears on a motorised bike is obviously the way to go, as long as the price is reasonable.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
this set-up caused a lot of controversy. the chinese company that made it not only ripped it off from SBP, they also went so far as to use pictures of SBP's bike in their advertisements.

then a seller on this forum offered it, and things got kinda ugly.

so, to answer the question of "in what way is it badly made," in my opinion, it's the outcome of SBP getting ****ed in the ***.

it also uses inferior parts.

bomb

Nov 18, 2010
Canada
Did SBP patent their design ? Either way I can understand them being pissed about it.

In what way are the parts inferior ? they look serviceable enough to me.

If this is a taboo subject let me know and I will drop it.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
it's not really taboo, it just showed the true nature of someone i no longer have any respect for. but that's just my opinion.

i've never used either kit, but from what i've read, SBP uses quality bearings, and heavy duty freewheels, etc, while the chinese kit uses the blood of slaughtered pandas and melted down steel from the buildings Godzilla destroyed....

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
This looks quite a usefull set up, but I would like see some detailed pictures of how the sprokets are mounted. Gears on a motorised bike is obviously the way to go, as long as the price is reasonable.

Have they combined the motor and shift kit into a bundle for one price now??
xct2

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
bairdco said:
while the chinese kit uses the blood of slaughtered pandas and melted down steel from the buildings Godzilla destroyed....
bairdco said:
in what way is it badly made," in my opinion, it's the outcome of SBP getting ****ed in the ***.
lmao no **** bairdco you have cracked me up man

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
this set-up caused a lot of controversy. the chinese company that made it not only ripped it off from SBP, they also went so far as to use pictures of SBP's bike in their advertisements.

then a seller on this forum offered it, and things got kinda ugly.

so, to answer the question of "in what way is it badly made," in my opinion, it's the outcome of SBP getting ****ed in the ***.

it also uses inferior parts.

Yep not only did they rip off the design. I saw that on their sight as well. They ripped off their manual and their pictures. Can't get any lower than that.

There free wheels are inferior the jackshaft sproketts are not hardened as they should be. The one brace on one the metal half's is missing so the kit can get al bent up too.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
If you buy one of these knockoff sbp shift kit / motor combo, chances are it'll fail you somewhere 20 miles from home! Whew don't wish that karma on anyone!

My solution, by from Authorized American Manufacturers or their licensed dealers only, It's one way of protecting yourself by getting a quality produced product and this way it also protects original manufacturer ie SBP!

Peace Crazy Horse.
P.S. I know Most if not all our engines are chinese manufactured, my point is you should only buy from dealers that sell quality licensed Aftermarket products for these engine kits..shft.