twist clutch lever???

GoldenMotor.com

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.
I have one on my bike. It works great but I wouldn't want to use it around town all day. I use it with a centrifugal clutch. One twist get the motor going and forget about it. Also one less lever to clutter up the handlebars.

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.
If you don't have the pull starter on your motor (which I don't) you need the clutch lever to bump start the motor. The clutch still works because it's on the opposite side of the crank than the cent.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Theoretically, if it's what it claims - then it'd twist the opposite way ofc, which might be interesting if reversed & used as a throttle ;)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Not sure why anyone else would want one lol... I had a coupla Harley Davidson Sprints w/reversed controls & currently I'm on the lookout fer a left-hand thumb throttle for an admittedly odd project that requires dual throttles... might hafta consider the above tho *shrug*

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
Left hand thottle

They're not common, they exist though.

But the question is, why would you want one?
==============================================
England and all wrong side drivers would think it's great.

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
I bought a standard $6 shift grip at the local bike shop for use as my Clutch.

Works WONDERFULY! tuned right, 3 is disengaged, 2 is 'slip' for taking off from the line without stalling, and 1 is fully enaged.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
that ebay one looks cheap i wouldnt waste time on that the idea is interesting though i would rather have the twist grip shifter on so you could lock it open i did the other day see a very old twist shifter that took up the entire handle i didnt pay attention but i think it was a 3 speed(left side)

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
My bike I'm working on now has a twist grip on both sides. Cables run inside the bars and exit down through an oval hole I had milled in the center. Throttle on the right and front brake on the left. I'll be using an autoclutch. They're identical, so the left twists forward. Very high quality and expensive units. Each has six ball bearings. Smooth operation and clean looking. I'm going for a lean, simple look.