Expansion Chamber Project

GoldenMotor.com

Derks420

May 30, 2010
Central New Jersey
Thanks! Worked really hard on almost everything on it. But thats what makes it fun, 1 of a kind!

I actually went to Lowe's and got some Black replacement silicone tubing. Um... It was 1 inch inner diameter and 1 1/4 outer. $2.58 a foot, and that's more than you need!

I couldn't stand the blue stuff that came with the kit, did not match anything on the bike. I considered painting it but that would have looked rough...

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
The black may work - silicone for that low price? Wow! We get ours from an industrial supplier and it's dang expensive. Blue is the second highest temperature rating. Red is the top.

Two warnings, 1/8" wall and black is usually the lowest temp rated material. Just watch it.

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
Yeah I tried some gates heater hose the other day for a black header seal since my blue ones from the SBP pipe finally gave out after over a year of use. Long story short- the black rubber didn't last 20 miles before it was a gooey melting smoking mess. I ripped it off at a stoplight and threw it away..

Derks420

May 30, 2010
Central New Jersey
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Yea I ran It for a while today and the hose held up great! pipe was smokin hot, but the hose was just fine.

I Actually also got a 36 tooth sprocket when i ordered the sbp chamber, and installed it at the same time. With my old 44 tooth and stock muffler, i was toppin 33 mph, now with the chamber and sprocket, im hittin 37. SOOOO close to the 40 mark!

The only thing that I really dont like is how much i need to pedal while idleing now before dropping the clutch, and the motor still struggles to start to pull at first. Once past that, its fast! So what do you guys think I should do?

Either leave my 36 tooth on there and pedal alot more at first. (which i freakin hate, especially if you stop on a hill) OR Put my 44 tooth back on and be happy with 33mph?

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
No matter how much you tune the head pipe length you are still going to have to pedal a lot. I have a sbp chamber and a 38T and still have that problem and I weigh 170. I went back to 44 because it accelerates way better and it is plenty fast for me.

BTW will you tell us exactly what size of hose and what kind and where you bought it?

Derks420

May 30, 2010
Central New Jersey
Damn, thats what i was afraid of. Well ill change mine back tomorrow, and hopefully have it runnin good.

I went to a local auto store, Hapi Auto, and asked for 1 inch Inner diameter heater hose. I think that it is also called converter hose. Its black with a smooth inside and kinda....rough outside(not bumpy but the rubber gets all over your fingers and stuff) Got a foot long piece for 2 bucks

Ill try n post a picture of the hose close up so you can see it tomorrow.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Converter hose is different than heater hose. Converter hose is for air intake on cat converters and will hold up to temp and oil. Heater hose my stand the heat, but the oil will destroy it. Converter hose is the cheapest High temp hose I have found for exhaust.

Derks420

May 30, 2010
Central New Jersey
Converter hose is different than heater hose. Converter hose is for air intake on cat converters and will hold up to temp and oil. Heater hose my stand the heat, but the oil will destroy it. Converter hose is the cheapest High temp hose I have found for exhaust.
Then its converter hose because i told him what it was for and that it need to hold up to high temps up to around 350, and thats what he brought me.

Thanks for the Help!!