Silicon Tubing Exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
I know your thinking {say what} it works and very good. Very easy you run around the bike. I cut off the stock muffler so then I have about ten inch"s of metal pipe so the tubing is not right up against the motor. The first bike I tried it on I have all most five hours of ride time on it and no problems. Now lets talk sound it makes a big difference in a good way, it's a much lower tone more like a motorcycle, on my 4cycle I put lawn mower muffler, I tried the muffler I cut off the pipe it was to quiet but with the lawn mower muffler it sounds great. On my two stroke I put a duel muffler from a pocket bike it's loader and I love it. I get the tubing on Ebay it's to expensive in the auto parts store, they want 19.00 bucks a foot on Ebay I payed 19.00 for for 12 feet.I'll keep you posted if it ever brakes..shft.

Attachments

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I've used a high-temp silicone for making molds to do lead, tin, and pewter casting. Works fine - better than plaster of paris. I still prefer casting sand though, for doing lost wax.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
That kind of tubing is available at most hobby shops (model airplane) for those that don't have an ebay account, but expect to pay a little more.

klb6154

Jun 20, 2010
pittsburgh pa
napa auto parts usualy has it ive been thinking of using the stuff for a (slipp)join no weld exaust making my exaust go out the back to get the sound out of my face any one try this? how dose it affect the powerband and what carb adjustments did you make? just want some idea of what im in for if i cut the header pipe grubee 66 w speed carb baffel removed and a glade can exaust tip power is strong at 20 25 mph i want it lower 15 20 mph extending the header pipe is supposed to do this. what were youre results?

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Thanks for sharing this. I had not been familiar with this tubing until recently when I was installing a an expansion chamber exhaust from SBP. In their installation kit are sections of this tubing to go over unions of metal pipe and allowing for some flex at those points. Has anyone tried painting this stuff? A flat black would work for me, or even painting it the same color as the bike frame on a new build. Will it stick and hold up? The baby blue is... well it is baby blue.
SB

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
I had to turn the idle down it made idle higher. Both motors have better pull in low speeds. I have painted some black,just use the silicone high heat paint its more flexible. I've found it at advanced auto,

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
SB, nothing sticks to silicone, that is one of its great properties as well as heat resistance. You may be able to slip something over it like some inner tube. The rubber should hold up as it is far enough away from the heat. Worth a shot.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I added a short length of similar diameter to the 90 degree elbow of my stock HuaSheng exhaust can....no improvement here, kind of garbled the overall power. I cut down the stock stinger by an inch and added the silicon tubing of equal length and the performance suffered. Was not expecting that result...it's the same stuff they use on Gopeds.

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Most police cruisers use silicone tubing for all the hoses, they're supposed to outlast the car.

I'll have to check my local Napa to see if they have it. I've always wanted to try some but I could never get past the high price.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
The vid sounds nice, I am guessing if you quieted the intake no one would hear you coming.

This post is quite timely for me as my muffler just fell apart and I was looking for some alternatives. I went to three of the local auto parts store and they thought I was crazy and they siad the high temp silicon tubing was special order etc.... Then I stopped at Napa and the dude was awesome, he slapped his caliper on the pipe got a measurement and went out back. He came back with what he called "converter hose". It is black and ugly like heater hose but it is oil resistent and good for high temps. It cost me three bucks for the 12 inch piece. You can get a 10 foot piece for around 15 bucks. I bought the small one because I was supposed to be buying milk for the wife so I used my milk money. So if you guys are like me trying to find parts local and cool colors is not important look for "catalytic converter air hose". I have not tested it yet, but it should work as the specs are basicly the same as the fancy "high temp silicone hose"