Rubicon Theme bike

GoldenMotor.com

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
This is the bike I've been workin on for about four weeks now. Started with an old worksman frame as you can see from the pics below. Wanted to build me a theme bike to match my Jeep Rubicon. Matched paint, professional paint job, new worksman wheels, PK-80 engine and here she is. Now I gotta get the trailer hitch bike carrier and show her off. Ordered the decals off the web, they match pretty decent.

Attachments

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Yeah, it's definitely a lot more work building them from scratch but at least you know what you got when you're done. This bike is gonna last thats for sure.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Thanks guys, in the future I'll change the peanut tank out for a in-frame as soon as I can afford it. Meantime ole peanut will have to do.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
I really want to build an in frame tank. I used to be a master sheet metal mechanic by trade but I never learned to weld. I can solder galvanized, copper and stainless steel but I don't know if soldering will hold up.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Class, pure class....Hey where is the guy that does the smiley's? I really need a clapping smiley! this will have to do (Clap, Clap Clap, Clap) :( the clapping is insufficient until there is a lil yellow guy doing it.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Thanks Snake, I know there have been more extensive builds than my rubicon bike but I'm proud of it and I love the way it turned out for now. Rode it through the neighborhood yesterday and got plenty of looks and stares. Can't wait to hang it off of the back of the jeep.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Thanks, comments like that make the whole build worth while. I expect people who are not into MB'ing to be a little infatuated but to hear these thing from fellow MB'er's really means alot to me.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Thanks Bill, I like they way you think, of course I've got about 30,000 more dollars in the jeep, lol.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
I'm sure it would be just as cool, maybe even cooler. I told the guy who paints my frames I'd build him a bike for all of his work and now he's prepping his frame. He's going to paint a Georgia Bulldog theme on his bike. We also have to strip down the OCC chopper frame for my wife's bike I'm gonna build her next.

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
if you're going to carry that on a carrier please make sure you can lock it on I would hate to see something that nice disappear. Truly a crafted piece. You outta give a copy of that pic to the Jeep dealer, sure they'd appreciate it and show it off too.

Nicely done.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Only thing I didn't do is put a Jeep logo on it anywhere. I need to find some very small Jeep decals and find a good place to put one on it. I thought about having some "2X2" decals made for the front forks too. Oh, and trust me, if I put it on a carrier I won't let it out of my sight. Being a Deputy Sheriff in this small town probably helps me out a little bit, not much, but a little, lol.