Nothin but problems ='( (mixture)

GoldenMotor.com

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
Nothin but problems ='( (FIXED ZOMG!)

So heres the story,

I have an Electra coaster w/ Grubee Skyhawk 80cc kit and have problems since day 1.

First off, I used to live by the beach, and it ran ok, but vibrated like a mother. It would run lean under wot, i would have to adjust the choke whilst riding to get it to move. The vibrations were so bad it destroyed 2 high quallity mounts.

I moved to 1000ft up, now its runnin super fat, 4 stroking and boggin, NO power and more vibration.

So i was messing with the pet cock, and accidently tore a hole in it, when for a ride anyways, and it was running BUTTER. I have never felt it so smooth, and this was with a broken mount mind you. Not to mention the power, **** was FAST.

Well after about 2min like that, gunk got into the carb, and it ran like ****, overflowing out of the vent hole. SO, i took the carb apart, cleaned it out, made sure it worked well, put the clip on the highest setting, put in a inline filter, tore off the remaining petcock filter, and went for a ride. Now running super fat again.

So i started messing with the float bowl level, trying to get it leaned out, this method sucks, its either way too lean, way to rich, or overflowing.

I really dont know if a smaller main jet would help...it ran so ****ing well for those 2 minutes, i dont know why or how, but it did. i just want it to run like that all the time. Please guys, i have been ****ing with this thing for 6 months, i need some help...thanks for your time

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I would first try to get rid of the vibration problem!
Mount the engine solid, make sure the rear sprocket is centered & spins straight, wheels are true, & then make sure things like the fenders & chain guard aren't vibrating!

Then we'll figure out the best carb settings! ;)

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
I would first try to get rid of the vibration problem!
Mount the engine solid, make sure the rear sprocket is centered & spins straight, wheels are true, & then make sure things like the fenders & chain guard aren't vibrating!

Then we'll figure out the best carb settings! ;)
I really think the vibration, is a function of the bad settings, when it ran well that one time, i have never felt it so smooth. I have another mount on the way tho

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
the massive vibration may be causing your prob... IE:i think its making the gas in your carb to go into a air-reated state. i dont know just a guess

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
You're right... I don't know anything about these bikes, don't listen to me... :rolleyes:
haha, ohhh come on venice dont be like that, im just sayin, when the mixture was right, it ran smooth as silk even with a broken mount bracket. I have another one in the mail.

I am just trying to fix as much of it as i can, because it running so rough ruined 2 of these brackets before, just dont want to go through another one. i dont have fenders or chain guard and it was mount as per manufacturers instructions

Last edited:

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
how much you want for it ;) where ya located?
Hey man,
I`m in Gainesville,fl....
If you want to try it first and if it works like it did on my motor than you can send me some money....If you don`t like it then send it back with some shipping money and no harm no foul for both.....
Let me know.....
Paul....
I`d hate to sell it to you and it not work great for you but did for me....

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
Re: Nothin but problems ='( (FIXED ZOMG!)

WELL! Been a while since i updated...

I got a new motor mount on courtesy of SBP. **** went together solid. SO, started messing with the carb for a couple days. Bent the arm, no luck. Then soldered the main, and used a bread twist tie to make the hole smaller. Mixture seemed alot better! Then went for a ride and my tank started leaking...this was the second one mind you...

So i gave up, put my bike on Craigslist as is and pretended she didnt exist. Well after no responses, and a couple weeks, i decided to **** with her some more....

Last night I removed the ghetto tensioner, took a couple links out of the 415, and boy what a difference. Thing rides like an actual bicycle now, butter smoooth... so that motivated me to do somthing about the tank...

I took a cheapo aluminum bottle from walmart, drilled a hole slightly larger than the fuel line, and liquid gastkited all around it. Then ziptied it to the frame right below my nuts. Well to my surprise, **** actually worked, doesnt leak a drop, looks hella sleeper style and the bike has NEVER RAN BETTER!!! i am a happy man. I cant believe I was trying to sell her. I am in love all over again haha Pics soon i promise!

Last edited: