Oil ratio

GoldenMotor.com

jirble2

Mar 23, 2010
I have a 48cc (2 stroke) standard chinese engine. My question is: What oil ratio do I use (after break in)? Some people say 20:1 others say 35:1. I would like to be able to use 35:1 but would it hurt my engine?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I won't recommend oil ratio other then to share what I run.

With conventional 2-stroke oil I usually run 32:1

Semi-synthetic I run 40:1

Full synthetic I will run anywhere from 50:1 to 80:1

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I run Mercury Quicksilver oil in my bass boat and am running it at about 30:1 right now in my mapbike but when I get my engines broke in good I will switch to Schaeffer Full Synthetic 2cycle oil that has a special Moly additive that they claim will out perform any other oil on the market, I have used their Moly grease and I have friends that will not run anything but Schaeffer products in their trucks, cars and farm equipment because of it's quality so I figure at only $6.49 a quart I will give their 2 stroke product a try and see if it does what they say it will. If anyone out there is running or has run the Schaeffer 2cycle oil ring in and let me know what you think about it.

jirble2

Mar 23, 2010
Thanks for the replies guys.

I think I'll go and buy some fully synthetic so that I can have a bigger ratio.

Sai

Apr 20, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I'm a little late to the conversation, but without a doubt the best 2 stroke oil I've ever come across is RedLine Racing 2-Stroke Oil. From snowmachines to high output 250cc bikes the difference seems to be everywhere from the way they rev, run, idle & sound. However Bikeguy Joe makes a very valid statement, A few thousand Km and you've bought a new motor. But man, does it ever run nice!

drn2

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Nothing compare to Opti2 in my opinion. I squirt a 1.8 oz to a gallon of gasoline and difference from other oils that I tried is nigh and day. My bike is smokeless and I think the engine is more quieter. I am running safely at 100:1 ratio. This is my opinion.