First Build = Car Accident

GoldenMotor.com

Matricon

Jul 18, 2012
Baltimore
Have you thought about a front disc brake? Even 160mm discs will have a large amount of power. You can still use the dual brake lever if you get a mechanical disc brake like the avid bb7 or bb5. Hope you start riding again soon!

Have you thought about a front disc brake?...
Rim grab brakes are simply obsolete. Yes, they are currently cheaper, but the small price difference doesn't compensate for the many disadvantages.
For one thing, once a rim gets bent a bit, rim brakes need to be adjusted unsafely wider to still work. You could true the rim as a remedy, but most bike riders procrastinate doing that.
If Walmart is giving you a store credit (which, btw, should be insignificant contrasted with the legal settlement you should get from the other driver's insurance), put it toward a bike with disc brakes.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Lady did the same to me but we didn't hit luckly. I had to make the turn with her to avoid her. She said she thought since I was a bicycle she had plenty of time to turn, and I came up on her too fast. People don't see bicycles moving that fast and treat us like we should be on the side walk or something.