tools needed

GoldenMotor.com

Juhstun

May 17, 2012
Arizona
could someone give me a list of ALL the tools needed to install a 2 stroke motor onto a beach cruiser, and also the tools to maintain the 2 stroke bicycle

so im looking for a list of all tools for installing and maintaining 2 stroke engines. thanks!

i have 100 in my pocket so im hoping to get the majority of the tools with 100 maybe?

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
could someone give me a list of ALL the tools needed to install a 2 stroke motor onto a beach cruiser, and also the tools to maintain the 2 stroke bicycle

so im looking for a list of all tools for installing and maintaining 2 stroke engines. thanks!

i have 100 in my pocket so im hoping to get the majority of the tools with 100 maybe?
What 2stroke engine are you going to buy? Some of the manufactors of the kits have installation video's that tell you everything you will need to install the kit. I have a set screw drivers, allen wrenches, T-drivers(star bits),Ajustabble wrench, a set of sockets and that takes care of all my motor installation and maintance needs. I have a sleak container a tube 4x4 in diameter and about 14 in long. I carry all i need to work on my bike with me at all times!

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama

These are pretty much the bare minimum.
Screwdriver Philips/slot Harbor Freight $4.99 (12 piece set)
Combination wrenches, (2)10mm, 13mm:confused:, 14mm (buy the hole set both Metric and SAE $19.99 HF)
3/8" metric/SAE socket set HF $9.99 - (51) pieces
Whatever needed for the bicycle
I recommend a inexpensive inch torque wrench (Ebay)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...h&_sacat=0&_odkw=inch+torque+wrench&_osacat=0
Gear puller if not supplied with the kit. ($6.50) Order with kit, maybe no extra shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/bicycle-Mot...503?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256bc24bff
13/16 spark plug socket w/ ratchet Usually included in a socket set.
Drill and 5mm bit to drill hole in handlebar for throttle. Cheap cordless HF $10.99
Multimeter, Harbor Freight $5.00
Sheet of 230 or finer sandpaper $0.10-$0.50
File
Chain breaker
Solder and gun/iron or pencil

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GcesQihc7-mm3hJGf7UPiqOaRXZ8ekUT99QUZq2qXXE/edit

Last edited:

Juhstun

May 17, 2012
Arizona
im not sure which 2 stroke engine i will buy yet.

i currently just have a mb with carb issues already and want to get all the tools neccesary to fix all the problems mb's come with.

the tools for installing the engine is for later down the road when i make another bike which i will

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Basically, you'll need a 10mm, an 8mm, a philips driver and some needle-nose pliers(for the chain master link). That's it. That'll get it on there and running. A 10mm will be your best friend from now on. The 8mm is for the gas tank and cdi mounts, but you can do those with the needle-nose, so you don't even really need the 8mm.

You might want a second 10mm for getting the drive sprocket on...

gl.

Last edited:

Juhstun

May 17, 2012
Arizona
Combination wrenches, (2)10mm, 13mm, 14mm (buy the hole set both Metric and SAE $19.99 HF)
QUOTE]

so this guy said i needed this ^

when he says both metric and SAE does that mean i need a total of 8 combination wrenches? (4)10mm, (2)13mm, (2)14mm

or what?

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
I never said 13,14 etc

2x10mm's, Philips, and needle-nose, that's all I said. In the long run, you'll want more and better tools for proper bicycle maintenance, because you don't want to be riding around on a death trap, right?

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Combination wrenches, (2)10mm, 13mm, 14mm (buy the hole set both Metric and SAE $19.99 HF)
QUOTE]

so this guy said i needed this ^

when he says both metric and SAE does that mean i need a total of 8 combination wrenches? (4)10mm, (2)13mm, (2)14mm

or what?
I said (2) 10mm wrenches. ...The reason for (2) 10mm wrenches is when installing the drive (rag joint) sprocket, at least 2 wrenches are needed. Why a 13/14? a 13 can be used in place of 1/2" and a 14 can be used as a 9/16" both on the bike frame.

Why I recomend a torque wrench
I ordered mine through Zoombicycles and it is fairly well built comparitive to some of the motors sold out there. It was painted well, no bent fins, it works.
The only thing amiss was a loose cylinder head, it was not torqued properly at all, that's OK because I ported it and trimmed gaskets anyway. I'd get into detail but I just made the coffee.
I would definitely order from Zoombicycles again

Basically, you'll need a 10mm, an 8mm, a philips driver and some needle-nose pliers(for the chain master link). That's it. That'll get it on there and running. A 10mm will be your best friend from now on. The 8mm is for the gas tank and cdi mounts, but you can do those with the needle-nose, so you don't even really need the 8mm.
You might want a second 10mm for getting the drive sprocket on...gl.
This is a joke, isn't it?

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I said (2) 10mm wrenches. ...The reason for (2) 10mm wrenches is when installing the drive (rag joint) sprocket, at least 2 wrenches are needed. Why a 13/14? a 13 can be used in place of 1/2" and a 14 can be used as a 9/16" both on the bike frame.

Why I recomend a torque wrench

This is a joke, isn't it?
I have actually built a bike with just a hillbilly socket (crescent wrench) a pair of lock pliers and two screwdrivers. (not recommended)

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
He may claim to use (1) 10mm wrench and (1) screwdriver (actually most kits require 2), building 100 bikes but I don't believe that for one second. Its a bunch of BS. Then again, if MacGyver can do all those things, I guess he can.

Does anyone think that 100 in 100 engines that the head is on tight enough? My experience was 1 for 1 that mine wasn't, causing a blown head gasket. Now I correct that problem before installing the engine. Not to mention installing a tank (8mm) and the tensioner (14mm). This guy is full of S##t.

Last edited:

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
ohh come on now Guys everyone knows it takes a full machine shop and every tool Snap-on and Park make to install a 2stroke made in china motor in a bicycle frame.
Now you have to use a Tig welder from Miller as no other welder will work.